Author Topic: Biggest Size of Litter  (Read 6311 times)

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Biggest Size of Litter
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2004, 09:27:16 PM »
We had a dog called Tessa when I was 12.  She had 2 litters - the first she gave birth to 12 puppies!  I remember having a fortnight off school to help with the feeds!!  By the time we had got round to the last pup - it was almost time to start again!  One of the puppies stopped breathing and my Dad gave it mouth to mouth using a bic pen - it survived  :D  along with all the others!!  

Tessa's next litter was smaller - my Dad was asked by someone to take on a week old kitten who had lost its mum in a car accident - he brought it home and put it at the edge of the whelping box.  Tessa came straight over to the kitten picked it up and placed in the middle of all the pups (they were only a few days old).  Not a dry eye in the house.  That kitten as you can imagine grew up neurotic!!  It went to a home with one of the puppies.  Thought I'd share that with you all.  Still makes me smile.  :D                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
Biggest Size of Litter
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2004, 09:52:50 PM »
My friend has just recently had a litter of 13 puppies :o  on christmas eve of all times.  :roll:
She delivered the 1st 7 naturally then had to have a c - section,  her womb was so shot that she had to have an emergency spey :cry:  
Fortunately she has recovered well, and although she lost 2 of the pups, the rest are now big and healthy :D
They did vary in weights though, with the smallest being 4 oz and the biggest 9.5 oz i think.  Strangely enough the pups that died were on the bigger size of the scale :?

Torie X                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx