Author Topic: Feeding Rituals, Does Yours Do It?  (Read 3489 times)

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
Re: Feeding Rituals, Does Yours Do It?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 04:05:58 PM »
Maudie always takes a mouthful of kibble into the living room too! I just thought she was odd lol it seems she isnt the only one! :005:
Also if you give her a treat she has to hide it first then she will go back and eat it later! She wonders around for ages with it! She usually hides it under the sofa cushions.
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline Potter

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 04:51:18 PM »
Daisy will whine and cry whilst I prepare her food, as if it was at least a whole week since she was last fed (!),  :005:  and then when I put her food down, she'll look at it as if to say, "I'm not eating THAT!"   ph34r  Seconds later it is gone, followed by a burp.  The disdainful look makes me laugh every time!

Kay

Offline mezzamo

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 05:00:27 PM »
Roxy always places her nose on the opposite side of the bowl and just uses's her tongue too scoop the food in her mouth! It is as if she don't like the smell or doesn't want too dirty her ears as she does this with her water bowl too. Rizzo eats hers in seconds of it being but down and always burps after!
Laura
Romeo is like Rizzo his foods gone within seconds he then runs through to me for a cuddle and proceeds to burp in my face..Lovely!! :005:
Mary, Tony & Romeo XXX

Offline Neacy

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2008, 12:39:24 AM »
Harvey has his dinner in the kitchen, but will walk to the living room while chewing :005:, then he walks back to his bowl, gets another mouthful, then back to the living room, in the end I bring the bowl of food into the living room where he will eat it without going back and forth, I glad he is not the only cocker that does this, such strange dogs these cockers are :005:
Woo woo Mr Harv, woo woo, he's my best mate.

Offline pupdaddy

• Site Member
  • What you lookin' at?
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2008, 09:14:52 AM »
As soon as we start getting Jarvis' food out of the cupboard (Nutro Choice Lamb and Rice) he runs out of the room. Once we put the bowl down, he comes in and sometimes eats it. Recently we started putting his bowl up on a box as it is less strain on their necks apparently - he normally knocks it onto the hard kitchen floor where it makes a loud clanging, which makes him jump.

Regarding water, he drinks about half of it and lets the other half dribble onto the floor/down himself - he's not a clean drinker :)
Robin & Emma & Jarvis

Offline lor

• Site Member
  • "Who me?.......With my reputation"
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2008, 11:28:25 AM »
Amber's ritual after food is to run around the house with a chewy stick (which she only ever uses for this purpose) in her mouth whining and looking agitated.  This lasts up to 10 minutes then she calms down.  There is never a pre-dinner ritual, it just gets wolfed down almost in one gulp!

Offline ludo

• Site Member
  • Enya
    • Shirepark Cockers
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2008, 12:19:44 AM »
Nope ... Dax doesn't do it ... he scatters kibble absolutely everywhere  :rofl1: one mouthful - wanders about scattering as he goes ... chomping and dropping bits and pieces - I would not have believed kibble can get into so many places  :005: Your puppies ritual really is a very tidy one - bless :luv:
http:www.shireparkcockers.co.uk

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2008, 08:42:12 AM »
(What feeding rituals does your dog have)

None!  :lol2:

Nell (Lab) just dives in and doesn't come up for air, till her dish is spotless  :005:
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~