Author Topic: Orijen  (Read 1341 times)

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
Orijen
« on: May 15, 2008, 10:01:07 PM »
Does anybody use Orijen? I'm thinking about changing Baja from Purina Pro Plan to a new food, and doing some research have found this 'Orijen' ........they have trial packs at zooplus so was thinking about giving it a try. Any comments would be apprecited.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Orijen
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 10:03:17 PM »
It's a really good food, ingredients wise it's the best one I've looked at. I've had a few of the trial packs and my lot really liked it but with the 3 greedy pigs that I have it works out too expensive for me to feed all the time plus I don't like always having to order in from abroad. If it was slightly cheaper and you could get it in the UK though I'd definitely use it for the kibble part of their diet.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 10:06:38 PM »
I see what you mean, at only £1.99 for the trial packs it seems great to try it out, but does work out slightly more expensive than our pro plan. What other dry food do you use/reccomend?

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 10:20:03 PM »
i'm going to put Jarvis on this, it only works out about £5 a week to feed my 15Kg boy. ;)
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 10:30:43 PM »
I've been using this and its a great food worth the extra cost :shades:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 10:32:32 PM »
I use Arden Grange for mine and they do really well on it but it's a matter of trial and error really to find a food that suits individual dogs. Nutro is another one I've been considering as well, I know a few people who have dogs which look fantastic on it. I've actually got a bag of it for Rodaidh just now but haven't opened it yet. If I only had one dog or maybe two I'd probably go for the Orijen though.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Cazzie

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 10:40:11 PM »
I am considering using this for 3 of mine but hearing about various problems with foods made outside the uk especially in the states and canada im a bit worried as to what to do  :-\

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 10:44:08 PM »
I was interested in this but really prefer something I can buy on the doorstep. If I could get it at a local store I'd try it.

Mine all seem to like Arden Grange although Jasper currently dieting on Burns High Oats (doing OK reducing his weight as he really doesn't like it though  :shades:)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Hayley1989

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 01:10:24 PM »
I use this food too. Ruby really likes it, but only eats 1/2-3/4 of her daily amount. She's doing great though and the vet is pleased with her :D
I was split between feeding orijen or arden grange to start with, but i went with orijen and i'm really pleased :D

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 02:50:29 PM »
I used to use Orijen for our older lurcher and pyrenees and they both did really well on it. Unfortunately I had to change them as our lurcher was diagnosed with kidney disease and I need to give him a food lower in protein (a food called Timberwolf Ocean Blue). I can thoroughly recommend it though.

Vera
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 06:43:07 PM »
Sounds like it's the one to use then. Many thanks for all your help and thoughts.