Author Topic: Arden Grange  (Read 3204 times)

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
Re: Arden Grange
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2008, 09:18:10 PM »
Yep I have noticed that too with AG. Maria Natures Diet is a wet food here is a link to their site www.naturediet.co.uk
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2008, 09:19:57 PM »
Normal ( I think) poo amounts with AG here! If they're firm then I dont care, its the sloppy ones that I hate!

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2008, 09:23:34 PM »
I agree we don't get any sloppies but I notice if I keep them on the ND and raw food their poos are much smaller and not so bulky.. but having said that I still think AG is a good dry food.
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline KatieJean

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 10:04:12 PM »
I started my puppy on AG and also put my 8 year old golden retriever on senior diet and she definately prefers it and they both seem fit and well but not hyper

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 09:02:42 AM »
Yep I have noticed that too with AG. Maria Natures Diet is a wet food here is a link to their site www.naturediet.co.uk

Yes we took a trip to P@H yesterday for Charley a collar and some new toys and i seen it there! My partner give me the 'you dare pick anything else up we've spent enough' look, so i put them back!!  :005:  Got him a little brown leather collar while we were there, looks nice on him, and he hasnt bothered one bit with it - which surprised me!  :luv: My AG doesnt come till Tuesday so Charley is still on the iams till then!  >:( Charley had a sloppy-ish one yesterday, but i think that was the broccoli and cabbage he had the day before  :005:

REUBY DOOO!

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2008, 09:08:35 AM »
I changed my two over from Burns High Oats to AG Light after reading positive reports on here. Although my two are foodies  :005: they do seem to lick their lips more after the AG and I think there coats have improved and are more shiny  :shades:  No difference in weight loss though  ::)
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2008, 05:44:48 PM »
There are less poos with the ag too which has got to be a bonus.

This is where I found the opposite with all of mine, including Daisy who has tiny wee poops, there was masses to clear up. Someone did say that Burns has something in it that aids less waste but cant remember what it was  :-\ :005: I have noticed a HUGE difference in what sweepie passes now since Ive tried her on AG again and its 3 times the amount of poo than on Burns  :-\ Ill Just have to get a bigger shovel  :005: :005:

I have the exact same issue.

My vet & behaviourist said you get less pooh with Burns because there is less waste in the actual food, everything is absorbed by the body.

When Billy was on Burns he did very small poohs but they were not always firm, so I switched to AG. His poohs are now firmer but there is soooo much more pooh. When he was on Burns he did one pooh at the begining of the walk and that was it. Now on AG he can do two or three! He also has dandruff on AG that he never had on Burns. I can't decide which one to stick with !

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2008, 09:12:48 PM »
I think I've found the answer to bens feeding ::)  It's been trial and error but he is now on AMP Nature Diet for breakfast (the working type one - I love the fact that its the BARF diet with no effort from me! ) and then Arden Grange for tea.  I also use the AG for training treats as he loves it  :shades:

He does have the odd gravy bone / carrot / bit of sausage or chicken but his anal gland problem hasn't shown itself for about 4 months now  ;)

AG has a big thumbs up from me and Ben  ;)

As for poos - he does a couple of very firm dark ones but on a walk they get a bit loose - that's just Ben though and it's normal for him  ::)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2008, 09:41:52 PM »
I started Smudge on Burns puppy small bites when he was tiny and had tummy probs, it was the only one that did not give him diarrohea (should have said squits I can spell that ;)) He then went on to Burns Lamb and Rice with a bit of winalot (to stop him eating suzie poo  >:D- another story) He also has Burns treats as these seem to suit him best. He has approx 4 poos a day none too big and usually very firm, no other probs (she says crossing fingers ::) Not tried Arden Grange so don't know what effect it would have, did try Pedigree, chappie and various other complete kibbles - then found Burns and not looked back I do appreciate tho that what suits one does not suit all

I would say too that both Suzie and Smudge  both prefer their dry foods dampened a little with warm water. They do not seem to drink so much water if it is served that way.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Letichia

• Site Member
  • Maverick
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2008, 10:09:16 PM »
I tried Mollie and Scoobie on Arden grange and they put on weight really quickly and Scoobie also seemed to be very bloated after he ate :-\ So it was back to burns which they love and thrive on. They also have nature diet for dinner about once or twice a week and they are both very healthy. :blink:

Letichia, Lilly, Polo and Maverick x

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2008, 10:25:03 PM »
Glad iv only ordered the little AG bag just in case  :-\

REUBY DOOO!

Cazzie

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2008, 10:34:43 PM »
Glad iv only ordered the little AG bag just in case  :-\

TBH I think you really have to give a dog on a new food time to adjust etc. Goose took 6 months to adjust on Burns and if I hadnt of persevered with it, id still be trying to find a food to suit him  :D

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2008, 10:39:16 PM »
Ahhh! No problem! Cant wait to get him on a food that he thrives off!

REUBY DOOO!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008, 12:05:20 PM »
I'd like to know why some dogs on Burns eat their poo's? 
helen & jarvis x

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2008, 12:08:37 PM »
I'd like to know why some dogs on Burns eat their poo's? 

Billy does it on Burns and AG