Author Topic: Bailey and Tuuli  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Tuuli

• Site Member
Bailey and Tuuli
« on: April 10, 2004, 03:36:07 PM »
Bailey is a very energetic 12 week old,blue roan cocker. When he was 8 weeks old we picked him up from the breeder in Wales. The journey from Wales to Midlands went very well. On arrival he inspected the kitchen very cautiously and desided that it was an ok place to stay.  He loved his bed and new toys and slept the night without crying. In fact he has never kept us awake.  

Next day he was taken to the vet for a check up.  He behaved very well.

He loves running in the garden which we have made puppy proof. The first week he found a dead bird and ate it!  After a few hours he started to feel sick and just sat in the kitchen looking miserable. His nose went warm and dry.  We were getting worried.  But then he vomitted the badly digested bird and in no time at all felt much better.

He is super cute and we love him to bits!                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Bailey and Tuuli
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 04:33:34 PM »
Hi Tuuli,  :D welcome to col  Bailey sounds a real bundle of fun.  :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Louis

• Site Member
Bailey and Tuuli
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 11:30:23 AM »
Hi Tuuli and Bailey

You seem to have been lucky, getting out of sleeples nights.  We bought Louis in November last year, he is a blue roan dog who is 7 months now.  He cried for the first week, every 2 hrs through the night, it was like having a new baby.  But I was strong and didn't give into him, it would of been easy to bring him up into the bedroom, but I kept him in his crate at the bottom of the stairs and he did settle.  Now he is such a lovely dog, with a great temperament.  We took him to puppy training and junior training and it was really worth it as he is a very sociable dog, but he has a great character, just like your Baily.  He sounds like fun, I'am sure your going to enjoy him, as much as we enjoy Louis!

BFN
Gemma&Louis :P                    

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
Bailey and Tuuli
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 11:54:30 AM »
Hi Tuuli&Bailey,

Welcome to col. Bailey sounds like a very playful pup, hope you have a lot of fun together!  :wink:

Nic x                    

Offline Tuuli

• Site Member
Bailey and Tuuli
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 04:42:15 PM »
Thank you all so much for your words.  Bailey is so lovely!  He has "helped" me in the garden today.  I tried to brush the patio and with Bailey sitting on the brush I really burned some calories.  He was facinated by a very slow buzzing bumble bee.  He poked it with his paws and sniffed it and of course I wanted to be sure thet he wouldn't get stung. I carried some small logs to the shed and tried to pile them nicely but with Bailey more or less stuck on my arm in his eagerness to help I gave up after 20 minutes and made a cup of tea for myself and gave a chewing stick for my helper.  After all that toil he is fast a sleep in his bed in the kitchen.  I hope that you all have had a really nice Easter break with your cockers.

Speak to you soon

Tuuli & Bailey                    

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Bailey and Tuuli
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 05:29:08 PM »
Hi Tuuli & Bailey

I've had a little help from Blue in my garden too today :D  - I was planting and Blue was digging the plants back up!!!!!! :twisted:  :lol:

:D Welcome to COL :D                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx