Author Topic: Sooooo Excited....we are getting a puppy  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Sooooo Excited....we are getting a puppy
« on: April 16, 2004, 06:01:12 PM »
Hello Everyone :D ,

I came across this wonderful site a couple of days ago and have been avidly reading ever since. There is so much helpful information here.

We were lucky enough to find a breeder, who had a litter of pups just over a week ago, and the pups are the colour that my daughter really wanted.

We have a long wait yet.....the little pups are only 10 days old. We have visited the breeder, but before the pups were born. She has rung me today to let us know that the pups are all doing well. We hope to travel back to see them if a couple of weeks.

We are busy getting everything organised and reading everything we can find about cockers.
We already have a wonderful, sweet natured labrador, who I think will see our new little addition as her own and mother it completely. :D

Anyway, I just really wanted to say hello to everyone and to say that this site is fantastic. We may well be coming and asking lots of questions.

Bye for now
Sheila                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 06:23:21 PM »
Oooo you lucky thing Sheila. I'm sure the time will pass quickly.
What colour are you getting and what sex.??

My old lab Honey was a great foster mum to Shellywoo, when we brought her home.  :D

Forgot to add, welcome to col.  :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 07:05:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum Sheila - look forward to hearing a lot more about you and your pup (and lab too!) - we've got a great photo gallery here so you can post pics of them together, which will be nice  :wink:                    

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 07:33:05 PM »
Thank you for your quick replies and welcomes...This is such a friendly site :D .

We are getting a little bitch pup and she is a Black and Tan.
We have decided that we are going to call her Lottie.

We had to drive about 2 1/2 hours to get to the breeder from home, there don't seem to be many Black and Tan puppies around, but we didnt mind, we got to see all her dogs and they had wonderful temperaments.

As soon as we have her home, which I hope will be early June I will post some photographs.

Our Lab, Goldie, is 9 but still thinks she is a puppy sometimes, although I am hoping that the pup will learn lots of good things from her.

I am going to go and have a look at the photo gallery now, that will have to suffice until we get Lottie home :D

Sheila
x                    

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 04:59:15 PM »
Hi Sheila

Welcome to COL :D                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline ellehcim

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 06:47:18 PM »
hello

i am too the proud owner of a black and tan cocker 'Ben' he is now nearly 3 months old and is already proving to be a great character,

I would recommend a book called 'Cocker Spaniel' by Lesley scott-ordish and published by collins.
it is a great book and has been my bedtime reading for some months it is informative, without being too mind- boggling.

Anyway good luck with your baby,

Michelle :D                    
1st time cocker owner

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 08:44:22 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies.

Oooh Michelle, another little black and tan pup. There don't seem many around. We had decided on a cocker and it was the colour that my daughter really liked, she is 13, and I thought they looked cute. Although, I think all cockers look cute. I'll look for that book, thank you. I have never owned a cocker before so all info is very useful.

Just thinking ahead, has anyone used the puppy pad sheets to use indoors for house training, are they worth the money?

Another day closer to getting our little girl :D

Sheila                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2004, 11:01:59 PM »
Hi Sheila

Welcome to COL :D

Hope you enjoy the site!                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2004, 07:16:52 AM »
Welcome to COL Sheila

You will be surprised at how quickly the time goes before you can bring Lottie home.  Look forward to seeing some pics of her.                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline CityTownInfo

• Site Member
    • http://www.CityTown.info
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 04:21:29 AM »
Hello from Baby Cornelius