Author Topic: What type of lead do we get.......  (Read 845 times)

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
What type of lead do we get.......
« on: May 15, 2004, 02:58:58 PM »
.....for our 13 week old golden cocker Sammy? We really want to get him used to one, as he had his 2nd jab yesterday and has 10-14 days b4 we can go out with him so we'd love to take him out and let him know there is another world outside of our garden :!:  I am looking for training classes for him ( and us) so what and who do we look for :?:  .....Don't want to make the same mistake like we did when we bought him  :oops:                    
'Everybody lurrves Sammy!'
03/02/04 - 27/10/14 :'(

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 06:05:21 PM »
For training classes, you would be looking to get a nylon or leather collar and lead(Flexi-leads aren't any good for this). A training lead may also be useful especially for practising in the park - I think Mikki make one and its a lot longer than your normal lead.                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline PennyB

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 09:06:11 PM »
Wilf had a puppy lead  for a while when I 1st started walking him.
You can often get them in sets with the puppy collars. I now have a training lead that can be mad shorter or longer depending on what I'm doing.

For a while though I had Wilf in a harness as he kept getting into scrapes and jumping down the river bank and couldn't get back up as it was so steep so the best way for me to grab him was by his harness as he would have slipped his collar that way.

I still use a harness on him (he's almost 1 now) if I'm walking longer trails as I also use a long line (10 metres) to stop him getting into too much mischief                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 11:46:47 PM »
i use a loopy harness  and a nylon lead . recently we have been letting bell run in the park everyday so i have a nylon harness as the loopy hangs down and she was getting tripted up . but once on the tarmac ill put the loopy over it . its suprising how much more she listens with the loopy on .
I hear different training classes like and dont like different things like certain colla's and harness's id stick with just buying a lead for now and as your trainer what he/she thinks is best :)
tesco do a really nice looking colla and lead set for £4.99 i havent checked the size but it shows a jrt wearing it :D