Author Topic: Cocker's and dishwashers...........?  (Read 1810 times)

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
Cocker's and dishwashers...........?
« on: May 17, 2004, 10:13:05 AM »
.....any1 with a dishwasher?? If so, when you are trying to either empty it or put something in, does your little bundle of 'fun' jump up to it and lick the door or pots??? Sammy does it each time,  so I have to put him out for a few minutes while I get the job done...... :roll:  Poor thing is always going out with anything he does at the moment   :oops: :!:  :!:                    
'Everybody lurrves Sammy!'
03/02/04 - 27/10/14 :'(

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 10:27:43 AM »
Oh, yes, Piper likes nothing better than to lick off any debris remaining on either the plate or the door of the dishwasher - yuk

When she was little she actually used to climb inside just as Sammy does now.  This came up in conversation the other day with a friend that has two dogs and her's do exactly the same  :roll:                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 10:30:23 AM »
Tilly seems to know instictively whether the dishwasher is being filled or emptied.  If it is being emptied, she is not the slightest bit interested, but if it is being filled - oh boy!  She is not known as "Tilly Pre-wash" for nothing :lol: !!  We, too, have to put her outside the kitchen to save the pots from an unhygenic licking.  I guess it is just so much temptation for them :roll: .

Sue                    

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 10:54:39 AM »
...........thank goodness for that :!:  Thought I had a pup with a d.w. fetish :!:  :!:                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 11:05:41 AM »
Mine know the difference between the dishwasher being emptied or filled too.  They're both very interested if I'm filling it but they walk away in disgust if I'm taking clean dishes out - that's no fun at all to them  :lol:                    

Offline Laura

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 12:20:11 PM »
Same with Brogan - when he was younger he was forever being put in his crate - not as punishment - but to keep him off the plates.  Felt I should have called him Banished with all the time-outs :(

Now he will give up trying to get to the plates if I block him with my body by walking in front of him - and avoiding eye contact.  The dishwasher gets loaded with me doing a dance back and forwards  :roll:  But it works!                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline pwhite48

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 12:47:09 PM »
Yep - count Honey in too!

She especially loves to lick the metal door on the inside - must be all that tasty dishwater - urgh!

Phil                    
All the best
Phil

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 12:56:47 PM »
:lol: Yes Indie is the same!

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 01:10:12 PM »
Emma - great photo.  Hopefully at 1 Indie is still not climbing onto the door???                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 01:16:29 PM »
Emma - great photo.  Hopefully at 1 Indie is still not climbing onto the door???

:lol: No Louise, shes been stopped from climbing on it now :wink:   Think it was a puppy thing, but when she hears the door open, she whizzes across to see if she can catch any leftovers falling from the plate :?   My little pre-washer :lol:                    

Offline mum of kimmi

• Site Member
  • some days are harder than others!!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 02:27:05 PM »
It must be a cocker thing!!

Kimmi loves it when the dishwasher is open, and seems to know instinctively when we are going to open it and put thing in.

Her other trick is to 'nick' socks (and hubbies pants! :oops: ) when I am trying to fill or empty the washing machine.  The other day she appeared from her favorite spot in the garden, complete with pants and gave them to my mum  :oops: .  My mum thought it was very funny :lol: but I was not impressed.                    
Kimmi's mum

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2004, 02:36:55 PM »
Sarah,

Piper is exactly the same with pants and socks

The embarrassment my little girl has caused me

A few months ago she ate a sports sock (that presumably she had stolen from the washing basket)  :shock:  I had no idea until she was really sick the following day and then passed the entire pooh shaped sock .  Had a lucky escape that day and have been very careful ever since  :wink:                    

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2004, 04:05:09 PM »
mrsbojangles...that has to be the most funniest thing I've ever seen, it really made me laugh :lol: , he's also the same with my washer and dryer, it must take me twice as long to empty one into the other. He's also into socks and pants, but thought that was the usual thing for pups :lol:                    

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2004, 07:05:49 PM »
Yep, mine are the same too!

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2004, 07:39:44 PM »
Two more dishwasher raiders here - the smells in there are just great  :?  :wink:  :roll:                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys