Author Topic: Abandoned Dog  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Mightyjoe

• Site Member
    • http://www.byphotos.com/album/780383
Abandoned Dog
« on: May 17, 2004, 11:32:57 AM »
Oscar was staying with my Mum for two days why we where off to Cardiff for the Challenge Cup Final. We stopped at the first services on the M5 and noticed a lovely Blue Roan Cocker sitting in the front of van. We went over to have a look, as we got near the van the dog stood up tailing going mad, it was a lovely mannered dog and loved being stroked and looked only a couple of years old. The driver of the van asked if we wanted her as they had almost ran it over so they picked it up, it had either been dumped at the services or had got away from its owner. The dog seemed fine, not thin and its coat looked ok, just needed a good bath.  I wanted to just take her there and then but I could not as I had a car full of people and where going to Cardiff for the day. I was upset with the fact that I could not take this dog with me, the women who had the dog in her van said not to worry I she would take care of her till she can sort something out. After I left I was kicking myself as I could have left my phone number with her and arranged to pick her up on the way back.

I know this is a long shot but if there is anybody who might know who that person might could you let me know, just so I know that she is ok.
The thing that has been going through my mind all weekend is how could someone dump a lovely dog like this or even notice that the dog was missing, these people are sick and, well I can’t say what I would like to be done to them as it would not get printed on this site. As we think back to weather we should have taken her with us, would it have been fair on Oscar to bring home another dog, as he is only 4 months old? Well I hope she has found a good home because see is a lovely dog.                    
David, Sharon & Oscar

Oscar Pics    Oscar in Scotland

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Abandoned Dog
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 11:36:14 AM »
:cry:  :cry: Oh David, what a dilemma for you.  That would have ruined my day.

I hope she is okay........

Think I misread this the first time around and I'll bet her owners are just frantic.                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Abandoned Dog
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 11:47:48 AM »
I'm sure somebody somewhere must be looking for this dog  :? Hopefully they will be reunited with her  :(                    

Offline PennyB

Abandoned Dog
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 03:04:42 PM »
Hopefully if this dog was microchipped they have the sense to get it checked out                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Abandoned Dog
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 03:09:51 PM »
:( Poor girl!                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Abandoned Dog
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 03:56:34 PM »
Poor Girl  :(  sounds like she's got lost or been stolen to me.... I bet her owners are franticly looking for her.                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Abandoned Dog
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 04:33:41 PM »
Awww I hope this poor dogs owners are looking for her and that somehow she finds her way back home :(                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Abandoned Dog
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 04:56:17 PM »
hopefuly this dog is fine , i dont know mabe they took it to the police station ? it might be in the pound . hopefuly the owner will come get her but if not i hope someone rehomes her in time , if i were you id check the police station or pound just incase :)