Author Topic: KC registration  (Read 2497 times)

Offline Millie's mum

• Site Member
KC registration
« on: June 05, 2004, 07:38:40 PM »
I have a pedigree cocker spaniel, Millie, I would very much like to breed from her  but as she is not KC registered would this cause a problem? If she did have pups would they ever be able to be KC registered?
 :?:                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
KC registration
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 07:45:08 PM »
Both parents have to be KC registered in order for any pups to be registered.   There is also a FAQ on breeding from pet bitches that you can have a look at

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/forum/viewt...opic.php?t=3428                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
KC registration
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 07:57:01 PM »
I agree with Gill....I would advise NOT to breed from an unregistered bitch. Do you know why she isn't registered??? where did you get her from???                    

Offline Millie's mum

• Site Member
KC registration
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 08:23:21 PM »
She's from Kavora kennels in Cambridgeshire.                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
KC registration
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 09:35:08 PM »
I've heard of Kavora...one of our members has a cocker from there, personally I still wouldn't breed from an unregistered bitch...although I am sure she is lovely  :)  What are your reasons for breeding?                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
KC registration
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 10:55:32 PM »
Like the others, I would not recommend breeding from an unregistered bitch. No reputable stud dog owner would allow their dog to be mated to an unregistered bitch and you would not be able to use the recommended health-screening schemes like eye-testing & hip-scoring which are open to KC reg dogs only. Please think very carefully before taking the decision to breed - it is time consuming & expensive (if done properly) & is not without risk as things do not always go to plan.

Jane                    
Jane