Author Topic: Just wondered ????  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Gaynor

• Site Member
Just wondered ????
« on: June 23, 2004, 07:28:29 AM »
Hi !

I just wondered  if i mated my orange roan bitch with a male solid black , what coloured puppies i would have ??? :wink:

I WONT BE DOING IT AS MINE AND MY FRIENDS DOG HAVE BEEN 'DONE ' WE JUST WONDERED WHAT COLOURS WE'D PROBABLY HAVE  :lol:

Thanks

Love gayn XXXXXXXXXXXXXX                    
HAVE A LOOK IN MY ALBUM FOR A RECENT PICCIE OF AMBER !!

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Just wondered ????
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 09:35:38 AM »
It all depends really Gaynor :wink: A solid black mated to an orange roan will generally produce all solid puppies with or without some white "mismarkings", unless the black dog carries the particolour gene when you could get some roans. What colour the pups would be depends on what genes both parents carry - if the black dog carries no other colour genes, then all his puppies will be black (black being dominant over all other colours). If he does carry for example the gold gene, then some pups will be gold (for gold to appear, both parents must carry the gene or be that colour themselves). The gold colour in a solid & orange in a particolour are produced by the same colour gene. There's also the possibility of other colours being produced if both parents carry the liver (chocolate) gene or the gene for tan markings. Generally serious breeders in the UK don't mate solids to particolours although it's much more common in other countries like the US & Scandinavia.

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Gaynor

• Site Member
Just wondered ????
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 02:55:32 PM »
Hi

Thanks JaneS ......... gosh i didnt realize it was so complicated .....

Thanks again for your reply

Ive just had my orange road clipped and she now looks like a sheep !!

Love Gayn XXXXXXXXX                    
HAVE A LOOK IN MY ALBUM FOR A RECENT PICCIE OF AMBER !!

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Just wondered ????
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 09:58:27 PM »
aww gaynor---go on post a pic of ur new pet sheep  :lol:                    

Offline Juel

• Site Member
Just wondered ????
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 10:13:02 PM »
Awwwww she looks like a liddle biddy giraffe :wink:  :D ,i've seen her over the weekend & she looks gooooorgeous.......Harvey still loves her anyway,says she looks a real babe :wink:

Amber certainly doesn't take after Samson anyway (loosing her strength after a haircut) as she as worn my little fella out :shock: ......i sense a lot of playing went on while he was being looked after by Auntie Gaynor :wink:  :lol:

luv
juels xxx