Author Topic: 5 Dogs stolen from Leigh Tonbridge Kent. Update; Reunited  (Read 7679 times)

Offline springs

Re: 5 Dogs stolen from Leigh Tonbridge Kent
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 04:16:40 PM »
http://www.doglost.co.uk/Page.aspx?data=pzp8JrdCfxmOYLL7ThMH8cgDIBGNb_3527O0VXDwo%2f3iFeQPZWGERRHbhHsfnkwDZBa

Yes I remember poor girl was she neutered?

I will ask that she is put in Countryman's weekly by doglost.co.uk

I would also suggest owner re advertises with reward (no value please) as this time of year all types need the money.

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 04:21:59 PM »
No she wasn't neutered. She was an old girl (about 9 I think) but she looked much younger because she was so fit. I think that there was also an undisclosed reward for her too.

That's a good idea about re advertising Pip on doglost. I think that annieG might have sorted out the online stuff for the owner (as he's not very computer savvy) so hopefully she'll read this and maybe re-do the post.

Thank you for offering to put her in countrymans weekly, that would be fab  :-*

Mary xxx

Offline springs

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 04:43:37 PM »
No problem at all...yes advertise on doglost but really mean in the free papers like Tradeit.co.uk addtrader.co.uk etc, as those types that steal look in them..and reposter want her home for Christmas and substantial reward for information leading to her return something like that.

Can not remember if she was microchipped but also do the Rescues again.

Hope this helps?

xxx

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 05:26:13 PM »
Thank you very much springs  :-*

Will set some adverts up in the free ads.

Mary xxx

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 05:34:05 PM »
Awful.
The thieves presumably wanted the Landrover, so I hope the dogs were released . I expect the vehicle is in Eastern Europe by now, as that is the favoured destination for stolen tractors and diggers.
Hope they are found soon.

I doubt it was for the Landrover. These dogs are pretty well known. Chris Burns has featured in shooting magazines and many people I know follow his training videos avidly (including my OH). Since the dogs are all pretty distinctive, it is unlikely that they are going to show up on a shoot where they will be recognized.  So that just leaves breeding ......  The thought that these wonderful dogs used to a life of decency, kindness and freedom might end up on the production line just fills me with horror.  I know how this owner must feel. We have spent over a year fruitlessly searching for a similarly wonderful working springer stolen from Kirkby Stephen.  The possibility that she was stolen to order will not go away. Keep looking people.  

It is sad enough thta any dogs live a life like this but to imagine it happening to a dog you have loved and has enjoyed a good life it is just so tragic! :'( :'(
I really hope these poor dogs are found.

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 06:01:14 PM »
I'm busily putting Pips details on free ads (obviously not putting her name etc.. just description and photo) I hope the free ads companies allow me to do this, if not I suppose I'll get a ticking off, but it;s worth it for little Pip  :luv:

Mary xxx

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 08:54:53 PM »
Awful.
The thieves presumably wanted the Landrover, so I hope the dogs were released . I expect the vehicle is in Eastern Europe by now, as that is the favoured destination for stolen tractors and diggers.
Hope they are found soon.

I bet the owner would have given them the Landrover if he could have his dogs back.  I would.  I really hope they are found soon.

Offline springs

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2008, 05:37:50 PM »
http://www.doglost.co.uk/Page.aspx?data=nijheM%2f%2f0F2OYLL7ThMH8cgDIBGNb_3527OmhIVuot4CHZF5GXNTxJvs4paX9GEx4jl

This one was found on the 15th..........we just need to find the other four now ph34r

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2008, 06:28:19 PM »
Great news that one of them has been found...hope the rest are also found soon  :luv:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2008, 07:42:44 PM »
That is hopeful.  If one is alright hopefully all the others are as well.

Offline sox

• Site Member
  • You don't have a life without a cocker
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2008, 09:38:44 PM »
Thats fantastic news, fingers crossed it wont be too long before the others are found! welcome home little one.

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2008, 11:37:53 PM »
Thats so good, fingers crossed for the others turning up. I hope all the local dog centres are more efficient at identifying lost dogs than the ones near me. If you dont physically go there , they dont put two and two together, they're so busy and the dogs are scattered around local Kennels as overflow.
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline springs

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 10:18:24 AM »
I know they have their heads down getting on with it and often don't think or have the time to check doglost or even scan for a chip....but If you can find the owner that frees up space and funds come in that way...it just needs one dedicated person to check this out.

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 12:31:29 AM »
Just seen this on another site - is there any news on the remaining dogs?
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline Stacey

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 08:09:52 PM »
Glad one has been found. The falconners on IFF have also been informed so they should also be on the look out.