Author Topic: Hi from Skye  (Read 2322 times)

Offline WILCO

Hi from Skye
« on: February 08, 2009, 06:09:02 PM »
Hello all
I have been reliably informed by SkyeSue that protocol dictates that I should first post a brief 'Hello' and 'Intro' here, rather than what i actually did and blast straight into to a post in the Puppies section, where I added a link to a web slide show I've put together of Brenna's first 4 months. Typical of me and a 'bloke' thing I suppose, ie never reading the instructions.

Anyway, my wife and I are the tired owners of a 20week old pup named Brenna, a Blue Roan. This is my first dog though not my wife's. Previous lifes meant we weren't in a position to have a dog but once we moved up to Skye we started thinking it was possible. It all came about from a holiday in Scotland some years ago when we stopped in a B&B and they had a lovely Blue Roan Cocker. Of all the dogs I'd seen these Blue Roans were my favourite and once the opportunity arose we, (or should I say I), ploughed ahead, sussed out a breeder, communicated speedily by email and agreed to have one of a litter soon to be available. We then travelled over 200 miles to collect our pup, who, after a shaky start to the return journey, did very well. The last hour wasn't great though and she was shaking like a leaf when we picked her up to take her indoors. Luckily she is OK with car travel after that first traumatic experience and happily (apart from the first half mile) lies down and remains quiet while we drive there and back to the walks.

We're going through the 'normal' ups and downs of puppy life and will keep a look out for relevant postings to help us on our way, so thank you in advance for an insight into everyones experiences. I'm sure I will be asking some questions, probably ones already asked a thousand times before, but any assistance will be gratefully received.

Bye for now.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: Hi from Skye
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 06:15:16 PM »
I’ve already replied to your first post, just wanted to say hello again and enjoy the forum! :D

x In memory of Barney x

Offline leigh

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 06:18:33 PM »
Hello and welcome here,...  am sure u will become addicted to COL in no time, and its full of information u need  :D 

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 06:21:54 PM »
Hiya, Welcome to Col.  You will learn lots on here. Just going to go have a look at your pics. Shouldn't really cos I'll want another one. I have 3 but no blue roans yet  :lol2:
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 06:22:25 PM »
hello and welcome. Is Brenna a show type? I have 2 working cockers and a sprocker and live in sutherland.
 hope you have as much fun with your cocker as Im having with mine.  :luv:

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 06:25:56 PM »
Hi Wilco,
Glad to see you've joined the "clinically obsessed" by cockers forum.  You'll find it really useful for info and chat. 
Am off to puppies to see Brenna
Karen & Roly & Misha
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

QuietScribe

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 07:15:26 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Its so good to see another guy around here.. there are so few of us, I am wondering whether its a conspiracy!

Offline BettyBoo

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 07:24:52 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL :D I have a black working type called Betty who will be 2 in May

(If it's any consolation I broke with protocol and bypassed the Introductions to go straight into Puppies ph34r. I don't have the bloke excuse either :005:)
Barbara, Betty & Millie x

Offline WILCO

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 07:28:53 PM »
hello and welcome. Is Brenna a show type? I have 2 working cockers and a sprocker and live in sutherland.
Brenna is a show Cocker from Kinvale Cockers with a number of Show Champion awards for her parents, Grand Parents and Great Grand Parents. Her registered name is Kinvale Night Sparkle. We aren't going to show her though. She's our pet.

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 08:05:14 PM »
Brenna is a show Cocker from Kinvale Cockers with a number of Show Champion awards for her parents, Grand Parents and Great Grand Parents. Her registered name is Kinvale Night Sparkle. We aren't going to show her though. She's our pet.
shes lovely  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline WILCO

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 08:12:32 PM »
Its so good to see another guy around here.. there are so few of us, I am wondering whether its a conspiracy!
Not many of us blokes then? Do we need to stick together or are we safe enough?

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 08:28:17 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL, we have Baja a black and tan show (18 months) and Mole a blue roan show (4 months) so the same age as Brenna :luv:

Off to look at your pictures now, enjoy the forum :D

Offline Mrs JT

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 06:55:14 AM »
Hello and welcome!   I'm sure you will find this fantastic forum very informative for all sorts of things!

Lynn, Andrew and Saffy   xxxx

Offline Mundyboy

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 07:40:44 AM »
I will drink to that!  Welcome.   :-*
I love my dogs.  They make it worth getting out of bed in the morning.

Offline eljaybee1956

• Site Member
  • Dad's busy...Can I take your message?
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 09:15:06 AM »
I will drink to that!  Welcome.   :-*

Welcome to the asylum WILCO (would that be Roger??  :lol2:)
You don't have to be mad.......but it certainly helps!
You are usually pretty safe.....we are a rare breed on here....Males that is...
I live downunder and am owned by Jeeves, 15 month old blue roan and tan boy....he actually does a bit of the posting for me. Welcome again.
"Cockers are LOVE on four paws, & LOVE comes in many colours" - Carol Lee DAWSON (Breeder)