Author Topic: Spots On Her Belly  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Mo

• Site Member
Spots On Her Belly
« on: August 27, 2004, 02:19:43 PM »
Just wondering if anyone might be able to tell me why Phoebe, who is 14 weeks old, has got spots on her belly?  I have kept an eye on them, and a new one pops up every now and again, goes red, sometimes a bit scabby and then clears up.  But lately they have started to go dark brown.  If they get any worse then I will take her to see the vet but they don't seem to be bothering her at the moment.  It's crossed my mind that they could be a reaction to fleas but I haven't seen any on her and she had some stronghold when she had her first injection just over a month ago and I've given her a bath with flea shampoo just in case, but the spots are still there!

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Spots On Her Belly
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 02:32:30 PM »
Does she lie on the grass in the garden? Could be its ant bites.  
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Mo

• Site Member
Spots On Her Belly
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 02:49:00 PM »
Yes she does lie down in the grass quite a lot and we did have quite a few ants but when I noticed this morning that some have turned dark brown, similar to liver spots, I thought it could be a bit more sinister !!

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Spots On Her Belly
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 03:40:59 PM »
I might be completely wrong here but they could be hot spots. When Misty had these I was advised to use Tea Tree Cream to clear them up, it did the trick. :)

Check out this previous thread for other info...

http://cockersonline.co.uk/forums/index.ph...00&hl=hot+spots

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Spots On Her Belly
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 04:22:41 PM »
I'd say these spots were "puppy acne" which are really quite common in young pups & generally nothing to worry about. Colin's suggestion of tea tree cream is a good one - clean the spots first with diluted tea tree oil (never use essential oils directly on the skin unless diluted), then dry the area & apply the cream. The spots should clear up within a few days with a bit of luck.

Jane
Jane

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
Spots On Her Belly
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 09:13:58 PM »
Also it maybe an allergy to the carpet !
I've had this on a GSD & my newest baby, Ivy scratches her tummy like mad if she goes into the front room !
I hasten to add this is a carpet we inherited with the house !  ;)
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline Mo

• Site Member
Spots On Her Belly
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 08:00:02 PM »
Thanks for your replies and advice.  The spots on her little tubby belly seem to be clearing up on their own but I'm going to buy some tea tree cream just in case they appear again.  I didn't realise puppies can get acne !!

Thanks again.

Mo