Author Topic: What was that all about?  (Read 489 times)

Offline sappho

What was that all about?
« on: April 24, 2009, 10:13:33 AM »
We had a guest over last night, Khufu has not met her before and she was giving him lots of fuss and attention, all of a sudden he started getting amorous with her leg!  Then later he sat on her lap and started again.  Poor girl was so embarrassed.  He has never done this before, he had his boy bits removed last spring and he showed no 'signs' of arousement (sorry if TMI lol!), I just wondered what it was about, was it a power thing or just general excitement?  He is 16 months old so is this an age thing and, if so, what can I do to stop it?  I am slightly concerned as we have a toddler and other children visiting the house.  I know its not agressive but its not pleasant and he is a big heavy dog.

Any help much appreciated.

Offline PennyB

Re: What was that all about?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 11:41:58 AM »
Wilf humps people sometimes if he gets too excited (usually their arm if they crouch down for some reason) - he did this to AnnieG's OH Simon when they came to pick up Cassie :005:
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
Re: What was that all about?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 12:47:07 PM »
Wilf humps people sometimes if he gets too excited (usually their arm if they crouch down for some reason) - he did this to AnnieG's OH Simon when they came to pick up Cassie :005:

Tell Wilf, I'm offended as all he did was jump up at me :005: :005: ;)

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk