Author Topic: Unsure what to do  (Read 811 times)

Offline theshrew

Unsure what to do
« on: April 30, 2009, 10:56:41 AM »
Missy's feathering is pretty long now and looks nice for about 10min after a brush her then it goes straight back to being scruffy again.

With Summer just around the corner i think its time for a hair cut but i cant decide how to get her done.

Can you all help me give some ideas of what to do. Im not sure if to go short all over or just give her a trim if you no what i mean.

Also how short should the hair be on top of there heads.

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
Re: Unsure what to do
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 07:58:57 PM »
Cocker's should really have a trim/clip every 8-12 weeks to keep them in good condition and matt free. The ears particularly need regular trimming to prevent any ear probs, It's really up to you whether you go for a short clip or keep some length to her coat. Maybe have a chat with a groomer to see what her coat is like and what they suggest. Hope that helps... :D
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline Oliver21508

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 04:42:32 PM »
I went for an all over short clip for ollie (except his ears and tail, which were left long). We chose this because it would be easy for us to manage, and it was the best thing we did for him. Also, with the exercise and agility he's doing right now, he'd be so hot if he didn't have a short coat.

Offline Lilly's Mum

• Lilly and Harvey
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 01:18:47 AM »
Lilly's first trip to the groomers saw her taken very short, and we didn't like it on her at all (just our preference)

We attended a grooming session that was advertised on here and got some ideas on how we could manage her ourselves. The people there were brilliant!!

If you are going to do it yourself, perhaps a video might help! hope that helps a bit