Author Topic: Post Puppy Weight  (Read 1073 times)

Offline diana

• Site Member
Post Puppy Weight
« on: September 02, 2004, 03:08:52 PM »
my cocker katie had her puppies dec 31 2003 , she still is quite rotund!!!! but runs around like a loony and doesnt overeat.what can i do ,shes on beta bravo dried food. the trouble is i have a bassett and katies daughter so they all tend to eat the same.also when should ellie have her first season :(  :ph34r:  

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Post Puppy Weight
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 06:21:59 PM »
Welcome to the Forum  :)

Quite a few questions all in one post  :D  I take it Ellie is Katie's daughter and was born at the end of December  ;)  Is she a Parti or a Solid ? What his her mothers cycle like? Particolours tend to vary greatly when it comes to season but I would say for most average age 9 - 12 months. Of course this is only a rough guide as by bitch didn't have her 1st until 14 months and some cockers can be as old as 2 or even more  :rolleyes:  

Offline mum of kimmi

• Site Member
  • some days are harder than others!!
Post Puppy Weight
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 10:55:44 PM »
I also have one of katie's daughters.  welcome diana - told you it was a good site to look at.

Kimmi is not showing any signs of her first season yet, but has started to go a funny colour.  She now not only is blue roan but seems to have a slight brown colour on her head and has more white on her than a few months ago.  Is this normal?  or do we have a 'strange' one here?   :huh:  
Kimmi's mum

Offline PennyB

Post Puppy Weight
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 09:25:37 AM »
Kimmi is not showing any signs of her first season yet, but has started to go a funny colour.  She now not only is blue roan but seems to have a slight brown colour on her head and has more white on her than a few months ago.  Is this normal?  or do we have a 'strange' one here?   :huh:
That's normal in blue roans as I assume the brown tinge is actually the puppy fluff, well it looks like that in mine when they looked like woolly mammoths.

I'd read somewhere that blue roans come into their 1st season later than solids. Ruby's 1st didn't happen until she was 11 months old but I know it can be later than that
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Post Puppy Weight
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 10:17:48 AM »
I had 1 blue roan have her 1st season at 8 mths and 1 at 14 mths.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Post Puppy Weight
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 11:23:29 PM »
My blue roan had her first season 2 weeks before her 1st birthday, but her sisters.....one had her first at 9 months, the other only just at 16 months!

I know my Poppy (blue roan) had a browny tinge to her fur as a pup, her mum is orange roan, dad blue roan, so I guess the orange/brown is a bit of her mum.........but since her adult coat has come through it's a lot less, can only see a glimpse of it in the sunshine