Author Topic: Tripe Sticks  (Read 1472 times)

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
Tripe Sticks
« on: September 02, 2004, 07:53:05 PM »
Does anybody buy Tripe Sticks from Pets at Home?

I bought some the other day, my dogs love them, they are quite hard and crunchy so I thought they would be good for there teeth.

I like to know exactly what I am giving my dogs, trouble is it doesn't say on the packet a list of ingredients, I know tripe is the main ingredient, but I wondered if they coated them with something to perserve them?

Does anybody know?
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline Louis

• Site Member
Tripe Sticks
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 06:14:10 PM »
I also buy tripe sticks for Louis, but I make sure I only give him one a week, my dad thinks I'am being mean, but I don't want him to become overweight as he has been neutered.
I have a bag of Bob Martin tripe sticks and on the back it says the ingredients are cooked and dried tripe with protein, oil, fibre and ash.  It says a natural treat for your dog with no added colours or preservatives.  I presume they are ok, well Louis goes mad for them, and also pigs ears, but they smell awful :angry:  :angry:
Hope this helps.

Gemma&Louis

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Tripe Sticks
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 06:36:08 PM »
My lot have these, and they love them. I only buy the plain ones though, not the multi coloured ones as these obviously have more colouring in them  ;)

Gemma, I would think you could afford to give Louis more than one a week  :o , I don't think they're that fattening  :D Go on, you know you want to  :P  

lynseyloo

Tripe Sticks
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 07:09:12 PM »
Jessie loves them aswell, but blimey they smell!!!!!!!!!  :blink:   and she's quite fond of brinin he chews half eaten and chewed over to me for inspection *going green*

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Tripe Sticks
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 09:00:45 PM »
Jessie loves them aswell, but blimey they smell!!!!!!!!!  :blink:
Pooooooooo your not wrong there!  :P

Blue loves these too, he also has a love of rolling in fox pooh and when we first bought him these things which have a very similar smell he didn't know wether to roll on it or eat it so did both!!!! :blink:  :D  
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

lynseyloo

Tripe Sticks
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 09:23:38 PM »
:lol:  :lol: I remembe being told that Jessie would probably love them...and bought some... I went quite green at the smell..... cant see the facination myself  :lol:

just thought I would add here that I find Bailey totally scumptious.. am kinda biased..but...he's adorable!.. :wub:  

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Tripe Sticks
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004, 09:34:14 PM »
just thought I would add here that I find Bailey totally scumptious.. am kinda biased..but...he's adorable!.. :wub:
- From Bailey. xx
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

lynseyloo

Tripe Sticks
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 09:42:49 PM »
*swoon*  :wub:  

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
Tripe Sticks
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 05:55:18 PM »
Thanks for your reply, I have e-mailed Pets at Home for more info. I was always under the impression pig ears were not a good idea because that is where pigs are injected????  Not sure if that's right??
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline Louis

• Site Member
Tripe Sticks
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 05:51:23 PM »
Not sure about what you said about pigs ears kelly!!! maybe someone else might enlighten us!

Michelle I think my dad's right and i am being a bit mean about the one tripe stick per week, but i just worry about louis getting overweight, i have seen so many overweight cockers and they look terrible, maybe i could stretch it to two :P

gemma & louis

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Tripe Sticks
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 07:20:33 PM »
There has been lots of theories about Pig's ears being unsafe because of the way the pigs are treated but also in how the ears are cured themselves- can't remember the detail but my boys used to go mad for them - disgusting things that they are. They don't have them now :( .

I give them a bone shaped thing that's made from raw hide bits but doesn't go as manky as normal raw hide does. They have no colouring either as I find anything with colouring makes Buddy part company with them as quickly as he became aquainted - if you get my drift ;)
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional