Author Topic: Burns Complete  (Read 976 times)

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Burns Complete
« on: September 21, 2004, 10:41:15 PM »
So I finally have a bag of Burns and seeing as Alfie "sniffed" down a sample handfull, i think he likes it :)

My problem is how much to feed him?

Atm hes on 300gr of JWB which is at the lower end of recommended amount. If I were to put him on the lower end if the Burns recommended amount he would be getting 100gr. Thats what he gets in one meal of JWB now and thats got to be spaced over three meals. And that seems to be such a small amount of food :(

Hes a biggish pup - already hitting 14" high and weighs in at 10kg at 4 months.

Anyone have any advice or want to share what amounts you are feeding?

Thanks

Caroline and Alfie

Offline PennyB

Burns Complete
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 11:04:45 PM »
I think for Burns its 20g per kilo when they're pups and then as adults its 10g per kilo. Wilf, however, is on about 15g per kilo even though he's an adult as he's on the thin side.

If in doubt ring their customer service who are always helpful.

It may now look a lot but once in their stomachs it will swell.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Burns Complete
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 12:45:17 AM »
I'm not sure that 100g is enough if he's 10kg. I would go by your own instinct, or ring them for advice.
I feed Ollie 50g three times a day and that seems about right. He is a 5 mth old chunky puppy...and he is fine on 150g a day. He has remained chunky  :lol:  

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Burns Complete
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 05:15:48 PM »
I guess you are feeding Burns mini bites for pups?  I know adults is 10grm per 1kg of bodyweight........which my vet says is too much.

Looking on the feeding sheet from burns it says:-

5-10 kgs  .......100 - 200 grms per day

10 - 20kgs .....200 - 300 grms per day

So I would say 100 grms is definitely not enough for him

Feeding the adult range is also the same quantities as the mini bites - sorry this is if you are feeding the canine extra adult

Offline PennyB

Burns Complete
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 05:46:50 PM »
I guess you are feeding Burns mini bites for pups?  I know adults is 10grm per 1kg of bodyweight........which my vet says is too much.

Looking on the feeding sheet from burns it says:-

5-10 kgs  .......100 - 200 grms per day

10 - 20kgs .....200 - 300 grms per day

So I would say 100 grms is definitely not enough for him

Feeding the adult range is also the same quantities as the mini bites
Have just been speaking to Burns this afternoon and its 20g per kg for pups and 10g per kg for adults but as Wilf is so skinny they've suggested I change him over to canine xtra (and they're sending me a 2kg bag as a sample as I've been having so many problems keeping weight on him!).

Ruby lost weight quite quickly when she was spayed once I put her on Burns (from Autarky) and I didn't reduce the amounts they say on the bag (she's lost over a kilo this year).
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Burns Complete
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 05:56:20 PM »
Many thanks for the replies.

I spoke to Burns this afternoon and they confirmed the 20gr to a kilo body weight. I just got confused with the package thinking I should start him at the lower end :huh:

As Im changing him over from JWB, they advised just swopping 20gr a meal and increasing the amount over the coming week. So hes just had his usual 100gr and went at it like there was no tomorrow (usually needs a bit of tempting with a bit of sardine) but has left a small amount so maybe it is just more filling

Hopefully this will sort out the smelly bum as to be honest its hard to be in the same room as him at times  :ph34r:  
Caroline and Alfie