Author Topic: Chudleys  (Read 641 times)

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
Chudleys
« on: October 27, 2009, 07:45:03 PM »
OH has been talking to a friend who has a lab with a sensitive tum, and he has been feeding him Chudleys.

I've done a search on here and found mixed responses, but they do go back a few years.

This is the info I have found on their website, I'm left wondering why it's so cheap?
Chudleys Sensitive has an improved formula which is rich in lamb, rice and vegetables providing wholesome goodness for inside and outside.Gluten and soya free, low allergy risk cereals and lamb, manufactured to a fixed recipe for peace of mind, selected dietary fibre sources and herbs to support good gut health. Improved balance of omega 3 to 6 fatty acids to reduce inflammatory response. Ingredients: Maize, Lamb meal (min 16%), Pairie meal, Barley, Chicken fat, Rice, Salmon oil, Full fat linseed, Unmolassed sugar beet, Green leaf vegetables, Peas, Carrots, Potassium chloride, Yeast, Mint, Chamomile, Meadowsweet, Comfrey, Aniseed, with EC permitted antioxidants: mixed tocoperols, vitamin C and rosemary extract.

We are currently researching so many foods, but wondered what people thought about this?

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
Re: Chudleys
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 08:06:46 PM »
That info came from their website so its always going to say good things! Chudleys is pretty good for a cheap dog food but is by no means wonderful. It is cereal based which is why its cheaper. The lamb source is lamb meal so not human grade lamb mince. It has chicken fat in it which aont much good if your dog is sensitive to chicken but fine with lamb..... It has additives and colourants as well as sugar beet which can be a source of allergies!

Having said that there are thousands of working dogs fed it and if I was looking for a cheap food then I would seriously consider trying it.

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 08:12:14 PM »
It's not so much of a question on the price of this, as at the end of the day we will pay what we have to, I guess after researching all we can, it's a case of trying and testing until we find a suitable one.

Thanks for the extra info on Chudleys  :blink:

Offline mezzaj

• Donator
  • Lucy and Baby Bailey
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 11:28:33 PM »
My Lucy was fed on Chudleys when we got her from the breeders - it filled her up with gas >:D..... couldn't wait to change her onto a different good quality food!!  She's on Arden Grange now... much better phew!