Author Topic: Lance the working cocker has been FOUND!!!!  (Read 14944 times)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: Lance the working cocker is missing in Milngavie, Glasgow
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2009, 04:53:17 PM »
Can't help I'm afraid, but really hope you find him tomorrow - would it be feasible to put an alert out over the local radio (is that radio Clyde or someone else)?.

Ditto - hope he is found soon - silly boy running off, he must be pretty anxious by now.   :'(  If you can get it on the radio that would be great  ;) Someone must have seen him :dunno:
Julie and Watson

Offline LizH

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2009, 04:56:24 PM »
Oh no - this is awful - sorry I can be no help  :'(

Really hope he is found soon
Liz and Pebble x

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2009, 05:08:38 PM »
I can't help with the search as I'm too far away. But if i can help with anything else, like sending faxes etc I can do this whilst at work!

Just let me know - hoping for his safe return soon!

L&O x

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2009, 05:22:36 PM »
If anyone has contacts on the radio then please do as them to do a quick announcement. I seem to remember it took about a dozen people to call Forth One when Arwen was missing before they gave in....

I just wish someone would report a sighting.

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2009, 05:54:01 PM »
Oh pants,logged on as soon as I got in from work hoping for positive news  :'(
 Hope there is a sighting soon .
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2009, 05:57:17 PM »
If he is not found by Saturday I will head over. Do we have posters up in the area? If not I will do some and post them all over the place. I'll also contact Stirling dog warden as I think this will be the neighbouring one if he wanders too far. I would then obviously be able to get him if they did get him.
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2009, 05:59:18 PM »
If anyone has the number for the local radio let me know as I for one am happy to inundate them with calls til they broadcast something to help.

I still have everything here crossed that he is found soon safe and sound
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2009, 06:03:54 PM »
Carolin, his former owner did some posters and put them up, although they say he is called Jasper on them, I think he would respond to either name. I think Doglost were doing some, but not sure how that works, who puts them up, etc.

The phone number for Radio Clyde 1 is 0141 565 2200, here's hoping something comes of it. :blink:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2009, 06:42:37 PM »
Sorry there's not been any good news :'(. If someone is heading out to look for him tomorrow and passing through my way, I will be more than happy to join in the hunt x

x In memory of Barney x

Offline SimonandMandy

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2009, 06:44:35 PM »
Can anyone do a face to face visit to local resuces just in case - one of our local ones (now shut thankfully) use to say they didn't have a lost dog when they did...

My fingers and toes are crossed for this wee boy and hope he is found safe soon.

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2009, 07:25:24 PM »
I could certainly go to the rescue centres, but I think because Lance is with SRS, the rescues will contact someone if he is handed in. Also, the police and dog wardens are aware of it. He's microchipped too, so he would be scanned if he was there, but I may give them a call in the morning and see if they have any other suggestions for what to do.

Jean1234's brother is going to try to get him a mention on local radio, as he works there, although they generally don't do that type of thing. I just wish someone would spot him somewhere and give us a lead. :-\
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2009, 07:30:43 PM »
The volunteer who's house/car he got away from is putting posters up tonight. The DogLost posters are great. Here's the link.

http://www.doglost.co.uk/PreviewTemplate.aspx?data=BR%2fw8oARY61CTi4XGBwEMrFqss3_3520g06

If we have no success before the weekend then I'll be going over for both days to search. an pick you up on the way Jenny if you are free. It highly unlikely we'll just happen to come across him so getting sightings of where he is are the most important thng just now. I've been bubbling away on and off all day. He was supposed to be coming to stay with my parents  :'(

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline BettyBoo

• Donator
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2009, 07:34:35 PM »
Just logged on and was really hoping he had been found. Poor boy, hope he's ok :'( :'(
Barbara, Betty & Millie x

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2009, 07:37:49 PM »
The volunteer who's house/car he got away from is putting posters up tonight. The DogLost posters are great. Here's the link.

http://www.doglost.co.uk/PreviewTemplate.aspx?data=BR%2fw8oARY61CTi4XGBwEMrFqss3_3520g06

If we have no success before the weekend then I'll be going over for both days to search. an pick you up on the way Jenny if you are free. It highly unlikely we'll just happen to come across him so getting sightings of where he is are the most important thng just now. I've been bubbling away on and off all day. He was supposed to be coming to stay with my parents  :'(

Yeah I'll be free over the weekend as well Jo, I'll try and print out some of the posters too. This is awful, I really hope we get a sighting soon :'(. Massive :bigarmhug: to everyone involved :-*

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2009, 07:39:21 PM »
Joanne I sincerely hope there's some news on him soon.  Good luck with the search.
Di