Author Topic: Lady NESSR dog missing- Milton keynes - UPDATE: FOUND !  (Read 16598 times)

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
Re: Lady NESSR dog missing- Milton keynes
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2009, 07:45:40 PM »
I spent this weekend looking for Lady in Milton Keynes and it was myself and Tony who saw her yesterday morning.

It was great to see her as we knew then that she'd survived another night. Unfortunately, this little girl is so scared that even as we slowed the car down, she was running away at full pelt.  :'(

The folks on the ground are doing a fantastic job and having been there and seen how many possible hiding places there are for a dog in Milton Keynes it sometimes felt like an impossible task. However, everyone is working very hard to get Lady safe and will continue to do so. I'm sure she will eventually come home, lets just hope that its sooner rather than later.

If anyone is able to get there to help it would be very welcome.  ;)
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2009, 08:02:01 PM »
Poor sweetheart, to be that scared :'( :'(
Just want to thank all of you kind searchers,
we live to far away to be able to help, but are with you in spirit. She is always on my mind, willing her to be caught and safe.
stay safe Lady :luv: we all want you home.

Offline silly milly

• Donator
  • silly milly
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2009, 08:10:08 PM »
as honeysmum said! 

dont suppose you could get the police chopper involved?    maybe as a training exercise at night with the heat sensors?

just a silly thought!

with lots of love from silly milly and her mum!!!!

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2009, 08:22:18 PM »
My heart skipped a beat then and i thought Lady had been found.  :'(

Please Lady let these lovely people get you home safely  :luv:

The searchers are doing a brilliant job, and i wish i could help but just live to far away.

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2009, 10:01:24 PM »
Poor Lady, please come home soon.  :'(

I've not read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been mentionned/thought of or if it sounds a bit extreme but has anyone tried trapping her? A few years ago a Jack Russel went missing from an agility show, after a nail biting few days it became apparent that there was no way he was going to be caught by a person as he was just too scared, so a professional animal 'trapper' was brought in and he was caught and reunited with his owner. Reading that back it sounds like a horrible thing to do, but the importance was getting him quickly as he was running close to a motorway.

Praying she is home soon.  :luv:

Offline Lynne L

« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2009, 10:17:44 PM »
How heartbreaking for the rescue team and her new parents - keeping everything crossed that she can be caught or coaxed into a safe place soon.
Lynne

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2009, 10:33:31 AM »
I keep checking on here everyday hoping and praying for a sucessful outcome. I was travelling up the M1 on friday afternoon and got diverted off at junction13 and rerouted around Milton Keynes. I saw the signs for Monckton and can see how difficult it must be to track her down. I must confess that I kept looking in the hope of seeing her. Praying she will be rescued soon.
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2009, 01:33:08 PM »

I've not read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been mentionned/thought of or if it sounds a bit extreme but has anyone tried trapping her? A few years ago a Jack Russel went missing from an agility show, after a nail biting few days it became apparent that there was no way he was going to be caught by a person as he was just too scared, so a professional animal 'trapper' was brought in and he was caught and reunited with his owner. Reading that back it sounds like a horrible thing to do, but the importance was getting him quickly as he was running close to a motorway.

That sounds like a plan - wonder if its possible. I remember reading when someone's cat went missing (I think Sox???) that they were thinking or did use traps?

Hope its something they could look into

L&O x

Offline fizzyntiffy

• Donator
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2009, 01:53:16 PM »
It has been mentioned but Lady has been moving around too much for a trap to be effective, and there are lots of issues with setting a trap.

(Be safe soon Lady  :luv:  XX)

Offline sox

• Site Member
  • You don't have a life without a cocker
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2009, 04:53:35 PM »

That sounds like a plan - wonder if its possible. I remember reading when someone's cat went missing (I think Sox???) that they were thinking or did use traps?

Hope its something they could look into

L&O x

Aye - my cat did go missing and I did use a trap from the cats protection league but my missing cat was in one particular place so it was easier for her to be found, it must be like a needle in a haystack searching for little lady and in a vast area.  I too keep coming back to this, to see if there are good news, I just wish I was closer so that I could help.

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2009, 04:59:07 PM »
I See that Lady made the pages of the Metro Newspaper this morning,  ;)  lets hope with the extra publicity, she will finally get home where she belongs  :luv: :luv:

Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline springs

« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2009, 09:30:40 PM »

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2009, 09:34:46 PM »
http://www.itv.com/anglia/dogsearchgoeson50134/

Also on the telly!!!

Wow thats great. Hopefully it will help get the wee girl back. I check this thread all the time for news as it could so easily have gone this way for Lance so I know how hard it can be. Huge pat on the back to everyone helping find her.

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline trishaf

« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2009, 09:25:43 PM »
so hope that r little lady gets home soon  :luv: i keep checking every day

Offline Wendy G

• Site Member
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2009, 09:07:46 AM »
I keep checking this thread, hope someone is able to catch her soon.
Wendy, Bailey & Stella

RIP Raisen, Badger,Murphy & Spud