Author Topic: Forum Error Reports  (Read 89557 times)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Forum Error Reports
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2013, 09:16:07 AM »
It does happen sometimes when there are a lot of members logging on at the same time - if you try again a few mins later, it's usually fine :blink:
Jane

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2013, 08:10:16 PM »
Forum seemed to go down this evening, page displayed from Fusion Hosting saying the account's been suspended  :fear2:

I first noticed it just after 7 pm, tried to get on a few times with the same result and then, just after 8, everything seemed fine.

Bob.

EDIT..Stu's posted an explanation in Anything Goes. Really quick work getting us back up and running  :clapping:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2013, 10:06:29 PM »
Forum seemed to go down this evening, page displayed from Fusion Hosting saying the account's been suspended  :fear2:

I first noticed it just after 7 pm, tried to get on a few times with the same result and then, just after 8, everything seemed fine.

Bob.

EDIT..Stu's posted an explanation in Anything Goes. Really quick work getting us back up and running  :clapping:

Yep I had the same problem too, earlier - but as you can see, normal brilliant service has been resumed - thanks peeps :banana:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2013, 10:16:24 PM »
The forum was hacked earlier this evening. Stuart has done a fantastic job to get it back up and running so quickly but will need to do further work in the next few days to make sure there are no residual problems or security issues so please be patient if it is offline for short periods while he does this.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2014, 08:21:54 AM »
I've started getting the "resource limit reached" message again. It's happened to me several times over the last few days, most recently at about 7.50 am today.

Yesterday I had a problem when trying to post something. Typed it out as usual, pressed post, nothing happened for several seconds, then a message appeared on screen from fusionhost (?) saying that the forum had been moved to another server. Can't remember what time that was, so perhaps it was when Stuey was fixing things yesterday.

The "resource limit reached" error happened again when I first tried posting this at 08.10 am.

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2014, 01:22:36 PM »
This resource limit issue was caused by our older forum version on the new server, this shouldn't happen now (he said optimistically!!)

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2014, 01:55:37 PM »
My avatar is no longer working Stuart - do I need to reload?

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2014, 04:00:14 PM »

Yesterday I had a problem when trying to post something. Typed it out as usual, pressed post, nothing happened for several seconds, then a message appeared on screen from fusionhost (?) saying that the forum had been moved to another server. Can't remember what time that was, so perhaps it was when Stuey was fixing things yesterday.

Yes, I got in contact with Stu when I saw that fusionhost message and since then as the system has gone down I've been posting on Cockers on Facebook to try and keep people in the loop.

Sorry you had such a sh1te weekend Stu! and thanks for taking the time and sorting it out   :D
helen & jarvis x

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2014, 04:08:16 PM »

The avatar error isn't happening for everyone, I'll have to check this out, it's on the list.

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2014, 12:58:18 PM »

The avatar error isn't happening for everyone, I'll have to check this out, it's on the list.

Thank you!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2014, 01:24:29 PM »
Hate to mention it, but I've had the "resource limit reached" message twice today.

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2014, 02:10:20 PM »
Hate to mention it, but I've had the "resource limit reached" message twice today.

I know I've seen it a couple of times too, I'm investigating, it's becoming a bit of a problem.

Offline lynnruby

• Donator
  • Ruby
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2014, 03:27:37 PM »
OK, so I've been away for a few days and come back to find a whole new look to COL  :huh:  When I logged in, it didn't have the usual "Welcome" message so I wasn't sure if I was still logged in  :huh:   I must have missed loads....but what's happened to our Donator badges?  I haven't yet had time to trawl through all the posts, so I'm probably asking stupid questions... :021: :021:
Lynn

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2014, 03:47:13 PM »
OK, so I've been away for a few days and come back to find a whole new look to COL  :huh:  When I logged in, it didn't have the usual "Welcome" message so I wasn't sure if I was still logged in  :huh:   I must have missed loads....but what's happened to our Donator badges?  I haven't yet had time to trawl through all the posts, so I'm probably asking stupid questions... :021: :021:

Basically the server developed a fault, the site had to move to a new server, the new server didn't like our old forum so we had to update the latest version of SMF (which we would have had to do eventually anyway but still)
Unfortunately the donator badge thing isn't working on the new version so am trying to sort that somehow.
However we're still getting resource limit problems so at some point we may need to move COL again to a much bigger server.

Edited: The forum 'look' isn't ours, it's SMF's, I'm reluctant to change anything about how the forum looks until we're sure everything is working. For now it either looks this way or it's not here at all, sorry folks.

Offline lynnruby

• Donator
  • Ruby
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2014, 04:11:14 PM »

Basically the server developed a fault, the site had to move to a new server, the new server didn't like our old forum so we had to update the latest version of SMF (which we would have had to do eventually anyway but still)
Unfortunately the donator badge thing isn't working on the new version so am trying to sort that somehow.
However we're still getting resource limit problems so at some point we may need to move COL again to a much bigger server.

Edited: The forum 'look' isn't ours, it's SMF's, I'm reluctant to change anything about how the forum looks until we're sure everything is working. For now it either looks this way or it's not here at all, sorry folks.

Thanks for the reply  :luv:  I'm such a 'technophobe' (is that even a word?) that I've no idea what is going on  :lol2:  We should have a COL motto though ...... "In Stu we trust"   :005:
Lynn