Author Topic: Food  (Read 743 times)

Offline Rhona

• Site Member
Food
« on: October 26, 2004, 02:21:49 PM »
I bought some of this the other day and have given Sam a very small quantity with a view to gradually changing his feeding.   He has been really yucky ever since.  He has been sick and is slow and lethargic and is hardly moving about at all.   I am taking him to the vet tonight but wondered if the change of food could be a factor and if they ever go off colour when their food is changed.  I have not given him any since yesterday and he has had nothing to eat at all today.  Any advice would be greatly received as my appointment with the vet is after 5 and I am very worried at th emoment.

Thanks
Rhona and Sam

Offline PennyB

Food
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 08:18:09 PM »
Hope the vet check went well and its nothing too serious. I think it may just be a coincidence your dog was ill at the same time you gave them some of this food.  
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Food
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 03:39:57 PM »
I've not heard of a change of food causing such dramatic changes in a dog....small pups can get tummy upsets, but this sounds more than that.
I hope all was well at the vets.

Offline Rhona

• Site Member
Food
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 05:30:41 PM »
Yeah I think I can write off the food as being the cause.  He is really just unwell at the moment.  The vet is on the case and hopefully he will improve soon.  Very worrying!
Rhona and Sam