Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1145 times)

Offline wiggie

Hi
« on: February 08, 2010, 08:41:31 PM »
Hi I have just joined and will be the proud owner of a show type pup in 4 weeks time!
At the moment we have 5 rabbits and a hamster. 
We have owned dogs before but never a spaniel so this place will be great!

Offline sophie15

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 09:03:30 PM »
Welcome to COL. I am a newbie and only joined yesterday after another cocker owner told me about it. I have never had a dog before but I wouldn't be without my lovely black cocker called Sophie (4 years old).

Good Luck with your new edition.

Sarah and Sophie
Sarah and Sophie

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 09:58:06 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL :D

I have 5 year old orange roan William (his photo is my avatar) and blue roan and tan Louis, who will be 8 months old tomorrow.

Good luck with your pup. What colour is he/she and have you thought of a name yet?

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 10:00:03 PM »
Hi and welcome.

I've a one year old show cocker, Maggie. Hoping you have as much fun with yours as she has been for me in her first year! 

Lisa
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline wiggie

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 08:23:51 AM »
Thanks guys! She is an orange possible roan but a bit young to tell.
The name is proving difficult! All 4 of us have to agree and we haven't found one yet. lol
optons so far have been lily, izzy, or amber. We have a while to think though!
x

Offline luckypenny

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 08:58:56 AM »
Hi there - I have an orange roan called Penny, who is 10 months. Do you have any pics of you little one?

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 09:11:01 AM »
Hi and welcome to COL
Bet the time can't go quick enough until you get you little baby.

I have 3 cockers, 2 show types Misha & Roly and one worker Lexi

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the new pup soon :D
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Abbi

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 04:10:30 PM »
Hi, I'm a newbie too but have been so welcome on this site - I've found so many answers here (even before I joined).
We'd never had a dog before and am so glad that we agreed on a cocker!

We have 3 rabbits and  2 guinea pigs. Abbi (our black and tan 10 month old show type cocker) gets on very well with them all. She comes out with us to feed them and is happy with them running round (not left her unattended but sure she is more frightened of them than anything, if they come too close!) We introduced her to them from day 1 and gave her lots of praise and treats for "looking" at them.

I know what it's like waiting to take her home, I couldn't wait - look forward to seeing her soon.

Brenda & Abbi

Offline wiggie

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 05:26:39 PM »
Hi, I'm a newbie too but have been so welcome on this site - I've found so many answers here (even before I joined).

We have 3 rabbits and  2 guinea pigs. Abbi (our black and tan 10 month old show type cocker) gets on very well with them all. She comes out with us to feed them and is happy with them running round (not left her unattended but sure she is more frightened of them than anything, if they come too close!) We introduced her to them from day 1 and gave her lots of praise and treats for "looking" at them.

I know what it's like waiting to take her home, I couldn't wait - look forward to seeing her soon.

Brenda & Abbi
Thanks that gives me so much hope! I sooo want the pup to grow up with and get used to the bunnies as they are so much a part of our lives.  Can't wait to bring her home.  4 weeks seems so long! lol!

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 05:40:12 PM »
Hi wiggie & welcome to the forum

Just seen your pics of 'the little one' & she is just gorgeous......no wonder you're so excited  ;)

I'm owned by Livie who is orange & white 3 yrs old (& her mum Purdey blue roan 5 years & her sister Tinkerbelle blue roan  :luv: ) .......beware - cockers are very addictive - I only ever thought of having 1 & ended up with 3  ::)  :005:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline Abbi

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 08:27:56 PM »

Brenda & Abbi
Thanks that gives me so much hope! I sooo want the pup to grow up with and get used to the bunnies as they are so much a part of our lives.  Can't wait to bring her home.  4 weeks seems so long! lol!

Ahh, I've just seen her photo.  She is gorgeous. When we were choosing ours I really didn't know too much about the colours but now that I've seen so many I think the orange roans are another of my favourites (other than my black and tan!!)

I don't think you'll have too many problems with the rabbits. Abbi never barks at them and we can bring them indoors and she just sits and watches them. It was a big worry when we decided to get a dog and I kept saying we couldn't have one because it wasn't fair on the rabbits but it's worked out so well.  Like you the rabbits are very much part of the family. We had 1 rabbit (sadly we lost her in August) and she was just like a puppy, following you everywhere, coming to you when you called. We now have a male and female pair and 1 single female who seems to prefer to live alone (long story!)
Anyway, enough waffle. Let us know how they all get on once your new baby comes home.