Author Topic: 7mth Pup And 2yr Old Child  (Read 2277 times)

Offline alfieandco

• Site Member
7mth Pup And 2yr Old Child
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2004, 07:50:05 PM »
Thanks everyone, he has been a lot better the last few days, I have really been strict with my daughter about pestering him and he has not growled for 3 days now (at least not at her !! LOL)

I think he is becoming a lot more tolerant of her which is good.

Thanks for all your comments and helpful tips and I will let you know if there are any more problems,

:)  

Offline AmandaA

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2004, 10:09:36 AM »
Hi i'm sorry if some of you didn't like what i said about tug game's but i have three young children and three cocker's and thay have all played tug with my dog's and not yet has one off then been aggresive. When i  went to puppy class with molly and lennox this is what i was told to do as puppies have to play to learn and bond with it new family.Just playing ball get boring.We was also told that my childern should brush them and help in all the ways thay can. We played lots of games with my dogs but some was to hard for my little girl at first, when i say tug i don't meen bit this not me with the children it was more a walk game as the dog would have one end and the kid's would have the other when the child stopped the dog would pull .All dogs like to have thing in thier mouth.      
Amanda, Lennox,Molly,Jasmine,Lotte & Ruby & Doogie xxxx

Offline PennyB

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2004, 10:22:01 AM »
Hi i'm sorry if some of you didn't like what i said about tug game's but i have three young children and three cocker's and thay have all played tug with my dog's and not yet has one off then been aggresive. When i  went to puppy class with molly and lennox this is what i was told to do as puppies have to play to learn and bond with it new family.Just playing ball get boring.We was also told that my childern should brush them and help in all the ways thay can. We played lots of games with my dogs but some was to hard for my little girl at first, when i say tug i don't meen bit this not me with the children it was more a walk game as the dog would have one end and the kid's would have the other when the child stopped the dog would pull .All dogs like to have thing in thier mouth.
I think we were only saying this Amanda as overconfident dogs can get aggressive with this game which is my own experience and my dog trainers and its in the Gwen Bailey Perfect Puppy book. It doesn't happen with all dogs though as it hasn't with yours (but you've not experienced any problems with aggression anyway before) but in some instances where a dog has shown aggression its often best to stear away from this game as its very competitive in some dogs.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline AmandaA

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2004, 10:36:45 AM »
Hi Penny i know what you are saying.thank for the post back.  
Amanda, Lennox,Molly,Jasmine,Lotte & Ruby & Doogie xxxx