Author Topic: So cross with my neighbour  (Read 1760 times)

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
So cross with my neighbour
« on: July 01, 2010, 09:48:44 PM »
So I posted on here about 2 weeks ago about our neighbour who has been feeding the boys treats through the fence. My OH asked her not to and explained Baja's food issues.

She said she was sorry and wouldn't continue to do it, only stroke them from now on.

Well today my OH watched them go to the gate and come back chewing  >:D after saying hello her.

Now I have just been out with Baja only to watch the poor thing struggling with an upset tummy again, 4 times in the space of a couple of minutes  >:(

It has to be the stupid treats she is feeding him, having said she wont what the hell is she thinking  :huh:

Sorry for the rant I'm just so cross and home alone so have no one to moan to  :'(

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
Re: So cross with my neighbour
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 09:53:31 PM »
 >:( She obviously means well but i cant believe she is still feeding them after your OH has told her about Baja >:D. How annoying! Im not really sure what to suggest, as your OH's already said what needs to be said. Im guessing there's no way you can block the fence off so she cant feed them :dunno:

Emma xx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline Ian Wright

• Grace
    • Cages
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 09:56:49 PM »
she should listen to your wishes  >:D  >:D
Amazing Grace Jalankiu    5/9/2009 18/5/2022

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
Crumbs Vikki  :o  i'm not surprised you are cross.  ::)  I can't understand why on earth she would carry on giving them treats after your OH has asked her not to.  :huh: 

Do you know her phone no.?  If so i would call her when you've calmed down & stress once again not to feed the treats & how it affects Baja.  Or perhaps put a note through her door?  :-\

Hope Baja's tum settles.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 09:59:53 PM »
>:( She obviously means well but i cant believe she is still feeding them after your OH has told her about Baja >:D. How annoying! I'm not really sure what to suggest, as your OH's already said what needs to be said. Im guessing there's no way you can block the fence off so she cant feed them :dunno:

Emma xx

I've just put a fence around the gate, which is going to be a pain as we will have to move it each time we want to go out with them, but better than having Baja ill  :blink:

She just came back and I had to keep hold of both of them and give them the wait command until I know she had gone into her garage. We don't do treats so I'm guessing it's the best feeling in the world to hear her car come and go out and get a treat from her, but it really must stop  >:D

That's me and Baja up 3 times tonight, maybe I should go and ask her if she wants to get up with him and let him out at midnight, 2am and 4am, evil woman  >:(

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 10:06:37 PM »
You should make a sign saying 'Please dont feed the dogs' on your gate like they do with horses :shades:. Maybe you putting the fence up will make her take your requests not to feed them a bit more seriously >:D xx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline mooching

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 10:11:11 PM »
How about a note through her door:

"As you appear to have ignored our request not to feed our dogs, should we take it that you are happy to pay any vets' bills that result from the colic/upset stomach caused by what you give them?"

Offline Carol09

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 10:30:51 PM »
How frustrating for you! I hate neighbours, our neighbour has a hedge whilst we have 2 sides of proper fencing, Jay escapes through the holes in their hedge.  Unfortunatley, they like their hedge but it's a burden to us.

1. It grows berries and the birds pick them and drop them on our drive and then we get purple splats everywhere.
2. It flowers and the bees love it but it's not funny when they get in our house.
3. The most annoying one is they NEVER trim our side, we have to do it.

If we want a fence, it would have to be on our property and we would have to dig up the blocked paving.

Grrrrr to neighbours!! >:D

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 10:37:24 PM »
How frustrating for you! I hate neighbours, our neighbour has a hedge whilst we have 2 sides of proper fencing, Jay escapes through the holes in their hedge.  Unfortunatley, they like their hedge but it's a burden to us.

1. It grows berries and the birds pick them and drop them on our drive and then we get purple splats everywhere.
2. It flowers and the bees love it but it's not funny when they get in our house.
3. The most annoying one is they NEVER trim our side, we have to do it.

If we want a fence, it would have to be on our property and we would have to dig up the blocked paving.

Grrrrr to neighbours!! >:D

That sounds like a complete pain, ours would move next door if they could get in I'm sure  :005:

We've never had problems before and the house was empty for over a year so got used to having no one! It's just unfortunate that their drive way is next to the footpath to our back gate, she is in and out all day. Think they made a mistake moving to a village with nothing in it, she is always getting in her car and coming back 10 minutes later  >:D

Hopefully this fence will do the trick and she will question why its up and she never sees our dogs anymore!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 11:48:57 PM »
What an inconsiderate woman, specially after your OH explained the effect that the treats were having on Baja.  I just cannot understand some people.

Hope his poor tum recovers soon.

Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 12:04:01 AM »
You have my sympathies vikki as our neighbour used to be exactly the same  >:(

He loves the girls but despite numerous request to not feed them : cooked bones - bowls of stew - cakes - biscuits & even mars bars, we barely talk these days. The girls used to be able to get in his garden & he really enjoyed their company (he's on his own & retired & used to own a golden cocker) but as Purdey has allergies & is a little portly, we had to tell him how bad it was for them ...... although he signalled he would cooperate, he didn't & continued to feed them rubbish - he also proudly showed me how he taught Purdey to bark for her treats  :doh: :012:  >:D

Nothing spacific was ever said but we secured the garden & deliberately avoided him & I think he got the message in the end & doesn't give them anything now. I am sorry that it turned out this way because the girls visiting, gave him pleasure in his lonely life but their health & wellbeing comes 1st

Hope your situation can be sorted too & that Baja has no lasting effects from the treats.   :luv: :-* 

If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline fifer

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 08:17:29 AM »
Seems like she considers you a neurotic owner and thinks she knows better than you (and your vet)!

I'd be tempted to frighten her ie *hide* Baja for a day (friend or family) if you can.  Then knock her door and say "can you tell me what treats you've been giving Baja?  The vet needs to know as Baja is ill, is it ok for the vet to phone you direct?" ............ or the vet may really want to have a word on your behalf?

That might actually make her realise the seriousness of her actions. 

Having a coeliac cocker myself I know all about the midnight, 2am, 4am garden visits.  She really is being terribly inconsiderate at least and endangering Baja at worst.  >:(
Spaniels In Need

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 08:30:09 AM »
Some people dont seem to be able to help themselves do they?

My inlaws are like this - they kindly looked after the dogs while we went on holiday last year, and because of his knee op etc, we were desperately trying to get Alfie's weight down and we gave them strict instructions for feeding him. When we got back after a week, he had gained nearly a kilo and I could tell from the way he reacted everytime they went near the kitchen cupboard that he was used to getting regular treats from them!

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 09:50:03 AM »
 >:D  >:D  >:D Oh I'd be so annoyed with her!  After she said she'd stop and then just totally ignored your OH!!!  >:D  I'd be marching round there in the middle of the night with the poo bag to show her what a state your poor Baja is in because of her!  I bet that would make her think about not doing it again! grrrr!
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 09:54:55 AM »
>:D  >:D  >:D Oh I'd be so annoyed with her!  After she said she'd stop and then just totally ignored your OH!!!  >:D  I'd be marching round there in the middle of the night with the poo bag to show her what a state your poor Baja is in because of her!  I bet that would make her think about not doing it again! grrrr!

I like this suggestion, maybe its time to shock her into listening