Author Topic: Morning Sickness  (Read 862 times)

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
Morning Sickness
« on: August 03, 2010, 09:49:09 PM »
So I know this has been asked before and I have even replied about Baja, but I'm wondering if we have a problem or not.

For a few months now Mole will wake OH up by jumping on his head to tell him he wants to go out around 6am, then he is sick 2 or 3 times in the garden, runs back in and goes back to sleep  :-\

So we did what we used to do with Baja and give him  little snack before bed and it stops.

Just this week I have experimented with giving him 4 gravy bones at bed time, he is sick. 5 he is sick, 6 he is sick, 7 he is ok, 8 he is ok.
A large handful of food and he doesn't get up to be sick, a smaller handful of food and he is sick.

Should we be worried or just continue to feed him supper before bed?

He used to be ok and on the odd occasion it was Baja who did this, but is it normal for a dog to need supper before bed?

I've now started to leave 1/4 of his tea and give it to him before I go to bed which is anything between 10pm and midnight.

The other problem I have is if he does eat before bed sometimes he needs to go out at 2am to go to the toilet  >:(

They are both on Healthy Paws and have been for quite a while now, so if it had been when they switched food I could probably understand.

Should I worry or do I just have an odd ball  :005:

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Morning Sickness
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 04:59:29 PM »
Would giving him his entire evening meal a bit later help?
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline BabyB

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 07:38:10 PM »
When Dylie was younger, we'd find that he was bilious (sp?) in the morning. Since he started to have a rich tea biscuit before bedtime (he'd have one, take it into the garden, then have a wee  :005:), it stopped.

No idea if this of help at all ??
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 08:05:33 PM »

He is wanting his tea from 5pm and gets it anytime between 7pm-8pm so I think I would have a riot if I left it any longer  :005:

I think we just need to accept he gets a bit empty and maybe the Healthy Paws doesn't fill him up as much as another food would  :-\

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 08:14:27 PM »

He is wanting his tea from 5pm and gets it anytime between 7pm-8pm so I think I would have a riot if I left it any longer  :005:

Ah ok, that's quite late already - mine get theirs at 4  :005:

Have you tried charcoal bonios? I'm sure someone told me giving one last thing at night was good for morning bile  :huh:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 08:17:29 PM »
I have to give Indie 4 x Fish jerky tiddler treats at bedtime i.e. 11.30/midnight or can guarantee there will be bile on the floor in the morning.   :-\

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 09:35:30 AM »
Lillie was prone to bringing up bile in the morning, but since we have been giving her a bonio at bedtime - about 10.30 - she is fine  :D

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 09:46:22 AM »
Lexi really suffers from the morning bile and it can happen a few times a week.  Having a bedtime snack didn't really make much difference.  However, since she's been have raw for her tea (about 10days now), it hasn't happened once.  Just wondered whether a high protein snack would be better - small piece of chicken maybe.  Have done away with the bedtime snack for Lexi now.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Annie's Mum

• Donator
  • Annie Cocker & Maisie Cav
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 10:45:17 AM »
Annie has a handful of kibble before bed and the sickness mostly has stopped. My vet says his Springer also does this so he has to give her small supper. How do you get away with such a late teatime, Annie would explode if she didn't get her tea at 5  :005:
Sarah owned by Maisie & Annie