Author Topic: What do you feed ?  (Read 6380 times)

Offline bondie

• Site Member
Re: What do you feed ?
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2010, 10:21:09 AM »
Folks, I'm ignorant!! My 6 year old fella has been fed on Royal Canin and has done ok on this, but having read recent press articles I want to do my best for him......... What is a raw diet? Is it simply rawfood? Alternatively, what actually is a Barf diet? I've looked on the web, but nowhere can I find out what these are and how I feed them or even get hold of them (if relevant!) My lad DID win a big bag of Burns, but wouldn't touch the dratted stuff, so I had to give it away in the end!!!!

Offline Annie's Mum

• Donator
  • Annie Cocker & Maisie Cav
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2010, 11:05:30 AM »
Folks, I'm ignorant!! My 6 year old fella has been fed on Royal Canin and has done ok on this, but having read recent press articles I want to do my best for him......... What is a raw diet? Is it simply rawfood? Alternatively, what actually is a Barf diet? I've looked on the web, but nowhere can I find out what these are and how I feed them or even get hold of them (if relevant!) My lad DID win a big bag of Burns, but wouldn't touch the dratted stuff, so I had to give it away in the end!!!!

guys im the same  ph34r I am switching Cav Maise and Cocker Annie over to AG  as annie has bad teeth and Maisie seems to have developed allergies. Can I ask some stupid questions i'e -- salmon oil where from?? Sardines tinned ???? many thanks
Sarah owned by Maisie & Annie

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2010, 11:35:42 AM »

guys im the same  ph34r I am switching Cav Maise and Cocker Annie over to AG  as annie has bad teeth and Maisie seems to have developed allergies. Can I ask some stupid questions i'e -- salmon oil where from?? Sardines tinned ???? many thanks

I've been giving mine Salmon Oil from Fish4Dogs  http://www.fish4dogs.com/Categories/Dog-Shop/salmon-oil-dog.aspx    I only got it at the end of last week so early days here but its a big hit with Indie so far, she loves it drizzled on her food, shes eating her food in record breaking time.   I'm hoping it will improve her slight dandruff which appears when I brush her back.   

Offline Scarlett

• Julie & Scarlett from Greece
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2010, 02:46:33 PM »
I started appx. a week ago with Natural Dog Food...Scarlett loves it & the poos are fantastic!  :P
"Of all the dogs that are so sweet
The Spaniel is the most complete.
Of all the Spaniels, dearest far
The little loving Cockers are."
Ernest Howard Shepard, Mc Obe 1879 - 1976

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2010, 08:15:26 PM »
Can I ask some stupid questions i'e -- salmon oil where from?? Sardines tinned ???? many thanks

500ml of Salmon oil is £13.50 (pp incl) from Fish4Dogs and the same brand is only £10.23 (again pp incl) from Bestpet Pharmacy, Morgan loves it  ;)
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope