Author Topic: Libby's new home..(was Trixxie at Many tears)  (Read 2846 times)

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
Re: Katie has cancer
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2010, 11:55:37 PM »
The guilt is normal, I had, well still have it but Katie would want you to be happy. Can't wait to see the pics. :bigarmhug:
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 08:22:36 AM »
I'm so pleased for you Tricia, Trixxie Libby was obviously meant to be for you, having had a Trixxie before & also having a long lost friend that you can catch up with en-route all sounds perfect  ;)
It sounds like the beautiful Libby is going to have a fantastic new life with you & please don't feel any guilt, everyone including you knows you'll never replace Katie  :bigarmhug:
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 09:21:24 AM »
So pleased for you and Libby :luv:
Janet & Poppy

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 09:31:27 AM »
So pleased for you Tricia.... sounds like little Libby will have a perfect life with you  :luv: And remember, Katie wouldn't want you to feel guilty at all... they only ever want to see us happy :luv:
Can't wait to hear all about how she's settling in with you and see the pics!!!
Lisa
x
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Ralu A

• Elmo
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 09:40:30 AM »
Just caught up again with this thread, sorry. I am very happy for you. Sounds like Libby has found a perfect forever home and will be loved :luv: :luv: Well done for giving her a chance :luv: As others have said, I think Katie wants to see you happy :angel: :luv: :luv:
I really wish you all the best :D
Life is just better with two cockers :D
Raluca, Elmo and Scai
IMG_33556 by Ralu A

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 12:40:47 PM »
Absolutely delighted for you and Libby  :luv: :luv: :luv: Please don't think you are replacing Katie, you are extending your family.  Katie will always be there, your family has just grown a little bit.  :bigarmhug: Have a lovely time catching up with your friend, looking forward to the updates.  ;)

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 08:20:16 PM »
So pleased for you.  Wishing Libby & your family many many years of happiness together.

Offline sitdownshep

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2010, 10:59:17 AM »
Well the day arrived yesterday when we picked up Libby (Trixxie) & what a day we had arrived in wales on sunday afternoon at my long lost friends, with a VERY noisy car, the exhaust went about an hour before we arrived!! We spent the evening catching up on 31 years of gossip!! but it was like we had never been apart, & a few vodka's later after putting the world to rights!! we finely had some sleep. Next morning was spent trying to get the car fixed, which we managed quiet easily, little garage round the corner who welded it back together for £20!! wouldn't recommend quick fit as they where very unhelpful!! we set of for Lizzie's barn, arriving at 12ish, to meet Libby, god bless her she is so little  & worried by what was happening to her, Fiona & her hubby where lovely people & very helpful, (makes a good cup of tea as well!!) after settling her into the car in her soft crate we set of for the long journey home, she wasn't too keen on being closed in but settle after a while, would have a drink or a wee all the journey home, was a bit sick but slept most of the way!! had to have the windows open as she really stinks!! but hopefully today now she has calmed down i maybe able to bath her!! my daughter was waiting at our house & as we arrived she fetched Shep out on his lead to met his new sis, he was fine with her as i knew he would be, got her into the house where she promptly had a good old sniff around, then around the garden a few times. She hasn't banged into anything as yet, she's done really well with all the steps we have going into the garden, you wouldn't think she couldn't see!. Had a little do with her lastnight as Shep came for a fuss & she was sat next to me & she was growling at him then went for him, he has learned to move quick when need be as Katie used to do it so he wasn't hurt, but i just said no to Libby, (if any one has any tips to try & nip that kind of behaviour in the bud PLEASE feel free to give them to me!!) Had a long night of crying & barking with her, think i got some sleep at 6 this morning!!, found she was better not being closed in in her crate, so will leave her the run of the kitchen tonight & see if that helps, but apart from that things have been lovely, she is A very sweet little girl who seems to have had a lot of history that we need to work on but i think she will be just fine!! will try to send some photos when i can, just let her have a bath first!! & a quick tidy up on her hair!! thank you for all the posts of encouragement its been a great help, Tricia
tricia

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2010, 11:52:30 AM »
So good to hear you've finally got Libby home with you  :luv: :luv: She sounds like a little poppet and I'm sure will settle in very quickly with you and the family.  Can't wait to see some pics of the her post bath  :luv:   :bigarmhug:'s from me and Maggie for the chance you're giving Libby, she's a lucky girl  :luv:

Lisa
x
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2010, 12:05:57 PM »
Aw Tricia you sound soo happy and it sounds as if Libby was meant to be yours as she seem to have settled really well.  i wish you all the best and a big hug to Libby and Shep x

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2010, 01:23:51 PM »
Fantastic news Tricia  :banana: :banana:  It sounds like Libby has a wonderful home with you now & hope she settles in well.  :luv: :luv:

Wishing you all a lovely life together  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2010, 03:22:39 PM »
Superb news Tricia & so glad Libby's now in her new forever home, where, I know you'll give her all the love she needs
.........bless you for giving her a chance  :angel:  :bigarmhug:

I probably shouldn't but do make little allowances for Tinker but on the whole I try to treat her just the same as the other two. I'm sure Libby will settle down soon but she must be so disorientated by all the changes & what an upheaval it must be for any dog but more so for one who is blind  :angel:   Take each day slowly & I'm sure you will soon see progress in her & her relationship with Shep  :luv:

Thinking of you & would love to see pics when you get time  ;)
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2010, 04:31:42 PM »
wonderful news  :D  have split this off the original thread  :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline sitdownshep

Re: Libby's new home..(was Trixxie at Many tears)
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »
thanks Helen didn't know how to merge the two!! Tricia
tricia

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Libby's new home..(was Trixxie at Many tears)
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2010, 06:57:34 PM »
Brilliant, brilliant brilliant  :banana: :banana: :banana:  Great news, so pleased Libby  :luv: is with you, and I am glad you had a nice catch up with your friend too. Lots of exciting times ahead I think  :D  Well done  :clapping: