Author Topic: Forthglade or Naturediet  (Read 6151 times)

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
Forthglade or Naturediet
« on: October 21, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »
I'm going to give Quinn one meal a day of wet food, I haven't got the freezer room for the frozen food I was going order so plan B is either Forthglade or Naturediet.    Naturediet is £13.59 for 18 packs and Forthglade is £15.00 for 18 packs so not much difference in price, is there any difference in the quality of the foods before I order one or the other.   

Second question, has anyone fed either of these and it didn't agree with their dogs?   

Thanks in advance.

Jeanette x

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
Re: Forthglade or Naturediet
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 04:35:40 PM »
Meg has Naturediet and she LOVES it. We get her a variety of flavours too, not the chicken though. Her poos are nice and firm :shades: but i cant comment on coat condition as hers isnt great at the moment because of her hypothyroidism. My uncles American cocker Jasper has is too and it has done him a world of good, lovely glossy coat and lots of energy (but not too much ;)).
We buy it from zooplus is packs of 18 with free delivery :D xxx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline Jane and Sara

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 04:37:04 PM »
We feed Naturediet - if you look at their websites - you can see exactly what's in Naturediet whereas Forthglade is 'meat and animal derivatives'.

Jane and Sara

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 04:44:43 PM »
We feed Naturediet - if you look at their websites - you can see exactly what's in Naturediet whereas Forthglade is 'meat and animal derivatives'.

Jane and Sara

Thank you so much for that, on Berriwood Wholesale it states only:-

Ingredients
Min 45% Chicken, Min 16% Lamb, Min 10% Tripe, Min 12% Rice, Vegetables, Seaweed Extract, Herbs, Minerals & Vitamins.

Its only when I went to Forthglade just now, I saw meat and animal derivatives.     I knew it would be worthwhile posting on here  :D

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 05:15:23 PM »
Meg has Naturediet and she LOVES it. We get her a variety of flavours too, not the chicken though. Her poos are nice and firm :shades: but i cant comment on coat condition as hers isnt great at the moment because of her hypothyroidism. My uncles American cocker Jasper has is too and it has done him a world of good, lovely glossy coat and lots of energy (but not too much ;)).
We buy it from zooplus is packs of 18 with free delivery :D xxx

Its out of stock on Zooplus no doubt because its on offer but found free delivery at PAH 18 for £14.49.     Fingers crossed it doesn't upset his tummy.   

Offline redlottie

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 05:27:39 PM »
Probably too late and not sure if I am supposed to post this - sorry MODS if not.

I bought some Natures diet for Otto and he has gone off it I have about 11 lamb and 20 chicken I would like to sell if anyone is interested in making me an offer to take it off my hands and cover the postage - please PM me.

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 05:35:56 PM »
GJW titmuss then? Its quite cheap from there too ;) xx

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 05:39:17 PM »
Maddie loves the Naturediet all except the fish and potato one which she tried to roll in  ph34r

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 05:39:38 PM »
Probably too late and not sure if I am supposed to post this - sorry MODS if not.

I bought some Natures diet for Otto and he has gone off it I have about 11 lamb and 20 chicken I would like to sell if anyone is interested in making me an offer to take it off my hands and cover the postage - please PM me.

I've been reading that a lot while I've been googling Natures Diet, haven't ordered yet as want to make the right choice, I hadn't seen Natures Harvest before and am now swaying towards that brand.    Bang goes my title thread  :005:

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 05:56:35 PM »

I  feed my two, half Barf and half kibble as I want the reassurance that they are getting all the vitamins/minerals they need.
I also don't have room in my freezer for a large quantity of frozen dog food  ph34r
I have found that my local pet shop sells frozen dog food just as cheaply as PAH.
I am able to buy a 400gm pack for 70p and this provides the girls with their evening meal and the cat.  :005:
I can easily snuck a few packs of this frozen food and a few portions of chicken wings in the bottom of my freezer and just buy each week.  ;)
http://www.prizechoice.co.uk/
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 06:55:42 PM »
Katie has Naturediet Lamb and loves it - no adverse reactions - in fact she is on that cos she had real probs with Burns and was drinking lots of water (even tho I always damp it down a bit) and had loose poos.

I did find the recommended amounts quite large, so Katie gets about 3/4 of a tray a day (with a little - about a desert spoonful- taken out and added to Smudge's Burns (helps with passage his of poop which would otherwise be very diffult for him) Katie's N/D has terrier mix added to it..................the things we do for our critters aye  :shades:

Our local pet shop sells a box at £13.10 for eighteen trays.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 07:43:25 PM »
Meg has 1/3 of a tray 2x a day, with a little bit taken out of each meal and given to Alfie... no reason just for a little variety for him :blink: xxx

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 07:47:52 PM »
I treat Odie to Natures Diet once a week (mean mummy :005:) for his Sunday lunch.  He loves it, have tried all varieties but have to say even though he loves them all, the fish one made his breath a little too fishy for me :lol2:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 09:24:11 PM »
Rodaidh and Caoimhe are on half barf and half Barking Heads but they get Nature Diet once or twice a week and if we're away anywhere as the tubs are really portable. I buy a mixture of the flavours and they like them all, especially the smelly fish one :P They've had Nature's Harvest too and it seems equally good but it only comes in two flavours. I also occasionally buy the frozen Prize Choice blocks, they don't take up a lot of room in the freezer and are good for a bit of variety (their freeflow tripe is good too).
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/