Author Topic: Thanks!  (Read 2409 times)

Offline carla

• Site Member
Thanks!
« on: January 07, 2005, 09:57:52 PM »
Hi I'd just like to say thanks to everyone involved in COL. I found this site whilst researching the possiblity of getting a puppy and have found it invaluble every step of the way. I rarely need to post a question as it seems someone has always got there before me, but have spent hours (when I really should be working) reading through past posts and learning so much. It's been truely invaluble to me as a first time puppy owner, everybodies stories, anecdotes, problems and questions, and advice have been so useful in letting me know what to expect, how much fun cockers are and how to deal with problems as and when they've arisen. Lottie my blue roan girl is 7 months now and is just a great big bundle of fun (and of course exasberating, stubborn, cheeky, etc), anyway I'm sure I'll continue to spend far too much time reading the posts here, as we progress through the next months and years and I just wanted to say thanks for all your help and advice.

Probably a good job I don't post often as you can see I have a tendency to ramble... So Thanks Again!

Carla

Offline ruth_2_hot

• Site Member
    • http://janandnoel.com
Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 10:23:05 PM »
:lol: hi Carla it is a brill forum with loads of good advice a few laughs thrown in along the way and great people to talk to really glad your enjoying it  :lol:  ;)  

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 10:41:14 PM »
Hello Carla and welcome to COL - glad you found us  :)

My best excuse to date for housework aversions :D  I own 2 male cockers - Bailey my chocolate roan is now 8 months old and a complete looney - he's ace, such a character!! Brogan is my orange roan.  He acts like a dignified old man at the very ancient age of 17 months  :rolleyes:  :lol: Talk about chalk and cheese my boys!!

Look forward to hearing all about Lottie
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline mum of kimmi

• Site Member
  • some days are harder than others!!
Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 10:57:25 PM »
Hi carla

Welcome to COL.

Like you I was new to owning a cocker, and have found everyone here to be very helpful and they have made me feel not stupid with some of the questions I have had to ask.

Hope you enjoy reading posts from everyone, and enjoy your new baby!
Kimmi's mum

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Thanks!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 01:19:04 PM »
:) Hi Carla and Lottie - I too love COL, the people are so friendly and helpful and like Ruth said there are lots of laughs.  I have two blue roan girls, Georgie and Daisy - Look forward to hearing all about Lottie x :)  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
    • BusyPaws Dogwalking & Pet Care
Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 01:27:07 PM »
Hi Carla!

I have only recently joined up too - but have been visiting the site as a "lurker" for a while now!   :D

I agree that it is an endless source of valuable info - as you can read all the books and web pages you want, but they are no substitute for owners who can give first hand experience and advice!  ;)

Me and my son are hoping to get our first Cocker very soon and had been deliberating as to whether to get a pup or an older rescued Cocker.  I have always had rescue dogs in the past - and so it only seemed fair that the rescue dogs would win the decision this time too!!  ;)

We will keep you posted!  :D

Aileen & Beau xx

Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started

Offline carla

• Site Member
Thanks!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 03:50:11 PM »
Hi everyone,

thanks for the warm welcome.
I have only recently joined up too - but have been visiting the site as a "lurker" for a while now! 
just the same as me then tiggerbabe except I think I must have been "lurking" for about a year now. Good luck for finding your new cocker.

Lottie already has her pic in the gallery if you fancy a look, my boyfriend put it there under the title "who ate the receipt" or something like that a while back, although the paper you'll see scattered around is actually the remenants of our wallpaper! She's managed to strip most of the living room to about a foot and a half now. I'm thinking of getting her some step ladders so she can do the rest!

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
    • BusyPaws Dogwalking & Pet Care
Thanks!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2005, 06:32:07 PM »
LOL!!  :D

I have been on the Gallery for about 2 hours now swooning my way from pic to pic!!

Just as well it is dark and miserable outside or the whole afternoon would have passed me by!! :lol:

I will keep you posted with my "search" - I am going to email Wilma Reid of Cocker Rescue in Scotland to check my suitability and hopefully we'll be considered good candidates to rehome and give a poor soul a happy few years at least  :(

Speak soon!

Aileen & Beau xx

Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started

Offline chrisfund

• Site Member
    • http://cocker.natoo.net
Thanks!
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 08:36:26 AM »
Hello

Welcome to COL :D

I'm glad that you found a lot of useful tips here.

I look forward to chatting with you more.

ChangBin(Chris)

tracee

Thanks!
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2005, 07:30:58 PM »
hi and welcome :D
                 tracee xxxxxxxxxxx

sweetie

Thanks!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2005, 10:07:31 PM »
hello carla,,
welcome to col,,you will love it,it,s a great site ,,with great peeps,enjoy sweety ;)

ziggy jasper and mabe,s xxxxxxx

Offline Dog Mad

• Site Member
  • Einstein
Thanks!
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2005, 10:11:27 PM »
Hi,

I have also found this site fantastic and really good for hints and tips.  I have been addicted for the last seven months and I haven't even got a cocker yet, oh well only two more weeks to go!

Debbie
Debbie, Einstein & Morgan
RIP Bailey 02/11/2009
RIP Tara 10/05/2007

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
Thanks!
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2005, 09:27:07 PM »
:D hiya and welcome to col :rolleyes:  
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
Thanks!
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2005, 06:40:11 PM »
Hi,
Welcome to COL :D

Jordy and Bailey

(P.S, I like your signature Dianne  :D )
From Georgie and Bailey xxx

Offline paddys mum

• Site Member
Thanks!
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2005, 08:13:57 PM »
Hi,
Welcome to Col. We are first time dog and puppy owners as well and this site has been a fantastic source of advice and a great way to know we were'nt going mad not just over our new puppy but knowing the way he was behaving was perfectly normal for a working cocker! It's great to hear about peoples lives and the funny anecdotes with their dogs (and pictures!) and their jokes are brill and really cheer us up!  ;)  
Nicola, Grace & Paddy xxx