Author Topic: Most robust toys!  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
Re: Most robust toys!
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 06:25:10 PM »
I think that the skineez last longer because the fur, is silky and not fluffy so it doesn't pull out, I tried a bit of hand stripping and it didn't come out  :005: Also the appendages don't seem to be as obvious IYSWIM

We play tug with Ebony and her skineez and so far its held up well.
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 07:48:33 PM »
Well I bought a skineez fox on the basis of the recommendations on here and I'm sorry to say that after 10 mins it had no ears left, 10 mins after that the nose had disappeared and now, 2 days later it has no head or head squeaker  >:(

So..I think I will just save my pennies and buy cheap toys in future.

The cheapest 'toy' that Roxy gets the most pleasure from is an empty plastic bottle!  ;)
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline burnysbird

• Born 07/05/2010
    • Zoom Click Photography
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 08:08:16 PM »
Oh no Jan! We bought the raccoon and so far so good, she loves running up and down the living room with it in her mouth flicking it round! Rather than letting her play with it alone, I've been making her sit and stay whilst I hide it in the other room...she loves finding it!

I find that because it gets so wet, she can't have it for too long anyway and I stick it on the radiator to try!!

Not had the toys come through from Net Pet Shop tho yet...grrrr...

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 08:34:01 PM »
That's a really good idea to let her find it - I made the mistake of just giving the fox to Roxy. She loves to hunt out tennis balls that I hide for her. I have just been trying to teach her to bring the ball to me but she hasn't got a clue and just picks it up and then drops it again where it is and expects a treat.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the Net Pet Shop toys  :D
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline burnysbird

• Born 07/05/2010
    • Zoom Click Photography
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 11:02:18 PM »
Re the ball thing - start with her being close to you, gently take it out of her mouth whilst saying your command, then gradually start to move further back. I use "fetch it" for Sizzles, if she drops it now, she will go back and get it and will now even drop the ball in my hand (only mine though, she doesn't want to give it to anyone else!!)