Author Topic: Kyro's Gone Crackers!  (Read 991 times)

Offline Curtisio

• Site Member
Kyro's Gone Crackers!
« on: January 11, 2005, 11:52:44 AM »
Kyro was ill on Saturday - the squits... - nice!

Sunday was his day of fast...
Monday and today is the meals of Boiled chicken and rice.

Since he's been on the chicken and rice he's turned into a mad man (cocker)

He just doesn't stop, bouncing around, barking, jumping up - the works <_<
he's walking awful on the lead, where he is normally not to bad.

He normally eat Burns mini bites,

Question: Could the brief change to real chicken as his dinner, really make him this mad him this over-active?

He'll be back on the Burns tonight anyway.

Paul - Kyro - Daisy & Cookie (cats)

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Kyro's Gone Crackers!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 12:31:17 PM »
Could well be.

Burns isnt high in protien so the sudden change to chicken could well have given him a "buzz"

Myself I never do the chicken and rice after just a day of illness, just a day of fasting then back to the normal food but in smaller amounts spread out during the day. The only time Ive gone the chicken and rice road has been during long illness such as kennel cough or the one time Gunnar got knocked down and was under the weather for a few days
Caroline and Alfie

Sue H

Kyro's Gone Crackers!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 06:47:13 PM »
I have to admit that sometimes I wonder about the abrupt change in diet when the symptoms may not dictate it ... at the Blue Cross our Vet always recommends chicken and rice for any deviation from the norm, especially with puppies ....

They then seem to take some time to assimilate the cooked rice, and afterwards are spoiled by the tastines of it and turn their noses up at their usual complete biscuit!!

I have great faith in modest quantities of scrambled egg mixed with their usual biscuit, which isn't to say that I would ignore any medical advice if there is a specific problem.

Offline PennyB

Kyro's Gone Crackers!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 10:15:30 PM »
Could well be.

Burns isnt high in protien so the sudden change to chicken could well have given him a "buzz"

Myself I never do the chicken and rice after just a day of illness, just a day of fasting then back to the normal food but in smaller amounts spread out during the day. The only time Ive gone the chicken and rice road has been during long illness such as kennel cough or the one time Gunnar got knocked down and was under the weather for a few days
Same here.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!