Author Topic: Bit Of A Revolting Question  (Read 741 times)

Offline Rhona

• Site Member
Bit Of A Revolting Question
« on: January 11, 2005, 02:07:08 PM »
When retrieving Sam's poo today I noticed it was bright green.  Should I worry about this?  Well actually I am worrying about it but thought I would have another examination of his next lot before phoning the vet.  He seems ok health wise and quite full of beans.

PS  Can't believe I have just posted this!
Rhona and Sam

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 02:39:03 PM »
Rhona - try not to worry - they're just like kids - will have the odd "nasty" but it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong. ;)

Keep an eye on him and if he seems is normal self is eating and drinking OK and his poo returns to normal then he's obviously fine - if any of those don't apply then you might want to get him checked out. Give him a day and see how he goes. :D  
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Sue H

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 06:42:58 PM »
Dear Rhona,

Don't underestimate the scavenging tactics of the average Cocker!!

I can well rememebr nearly passing out when I saw what Barley had passed one morning - it was green, red and black and I thought she was DOOMED !!!

It turned out that our kindly PostLady had taken to carrying round cat and dog treats (to ingratiate herself with the animals on her round - and who can blame her) and the dog treats were the chew stix that come in different colours!!!

Many things that look very innocuous can contain colourings and it is not uncoomon for them to throw the odd orange/green poo (much to our horror!!).

I hope that this is all that has happened and that everything reverts back to normal soon !!!