Author Topic: I need urgent advice!  (Read 3872 times)

Offline Rubenkhan

I need urgent advice!
« on: February 11, 2011, 08:04:49 AM »
I haven't had Ruben wormed since he was 14 weeks old! This was the last time the vet gave me a wormer and didn't tell me I needed to use it again ! Me being non the wiser I haven't thought about it since until yesterday when my OH asked when he should be wormed next!
I feel sick to the stomach that he may have worms as I have just read the sysmptoms online and Ruben has not been taking much interest in his food past fe days,which I thought was because I was not mixing anything too tasty with it! He has also been scooting along the ground on his bum,which I have read is also a sysmptom!
I will ring the Vet as soon as it turns 9am and ask about this.
I soooo scared he may be in danger because our carelessness and being unaware!
******Ruben by blueclipse*******

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
Re: I NEED URGENT ADVICE!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 08:11:15 AM »
FIRSTLY....CALM DOWN!   You are not not a bad mummy at all!!!!  Worming is obviously necessary but it's ok to be late ;)

Scooting along the ground could just be his anal glands playing up.........the going off the food.....could be anything...nothing serious!

Don't worry.....just nip to the vet and get him wormed in the next few days :luv:

Offline Rubenkhan

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 08:21:59 AM »
I'm almost in tears here! How could I be so stupid as not think he would need wormed again ! I hope you are right  :'( :embarassed:
Thanks for replying and reassuring me.

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 08:27:26 AM »
Don't worry, I don't worm my dogs religeously every 3 months - I'm sure my dogs have gone a few months extra without any ill effects. 

He'll be fine  :D
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 08:28:58 AM »
don't panic Mrs. Just get his wormer today and everything will be fine  :-*

Offline Rubenkhan

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 08:43:19 AM »
I read on this site that a pup should wormed :
upto to 12 weeks = once a week
12 weeks up to 6 months = once a month
6months onwards= once in three months.

Is this correct?

If so,ruben has missed too  many!

Offline Jay06

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 08:53:24 AM »
Don't panic! You just reminded me I've forgotten to give Bailey his wormer too!  :005:
I'm sure he hasn't come to any harm & i'm pretty sure you would have noticed if he had worms!!
As Emma said, pop into the vet & pick up some wormer & you'll be fine!

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 08:53:44 AM »
Lol....get down off the ceiling!! :005:  Ok, so you have missed his wormers.  You can get one today and give it to him, no harm done.  It isn't life saving medication so stop beating yourself up.  We all do stupid things like that  :005:  I only worm Kali periodically and Lyla more often because she eats all manner of filthy stuff ph34r  Relax, have a cup of tea and see it for what it is, just a mistake and nothing that is going to make a huge difference in the scheme of things xx
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 08:54:14 AM »
Stop panicking woman - it is easily done.  :shades:  It doesn't matter how many he has missed now - the next dose will sort him out if he has any worms (and he probably hasn't)  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
Re: I need urgent advice!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 09:27:31 AM »
Stop panicking!  It's the one thing I'm not regular with at all, and my two are ok  :D
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline lisvic

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 09:40:10 AM »
Don't worry, i only remember to worm Fenton when the vet hands me the tablets on his routine vaccination appointment ;). I must try harder.
Lisa and Fenton ....

Offline mooching

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 10:00:54 AM »
hey, have you got the message yet that it's not something you need to panic over?!! Calm down and let yourself off the hook.

I only remembered last week that Alfie needed worming because I saw a worm in his poo!  :fear2: <faints> (the vet had said worm every 3-6 months, and it was closer to 6 than 3 - I should have wormed him closer to 3 because he's always snuffling in, and eating, stuff he shouldn't).

It happens, and it's not a big deal (honest!) - though I confess I was mortified when I saw the worm.

To save you from beating yourself up over it again, when you do worm him this time, mark it on the calendar and then mark ahead to the next time he needs doing, as a reminder.  :D

Offline Rubenkhan

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 10:23:19 AM »
Thanks a million everyone! I knew I could count on you all to give me advise and calm my fears!

Offline kaylaneville

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 06:19:57 PM »
Don't worry to much. I only worm Alfie when I remember to be honest normally every 4/5 months.
He'll be fine  :lol2:
Kayla and Alfie <3

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 11:54:18 AM »
I'm bad with wormers too, especially the cats - the last time I only remembered to do the cats when my big black boy was on the bed for a fuss, then turned round and presented his bottom to me complete with white worm wriggling its way out  :020: It has a way of focussing you, that  ph34r