Author Topic: Lilly's Barking  (Read 756 times)

Offline catwillow

• Site Member
    • http://www.lapislumina.co.uk/
Lilly's Barking
« on: January 17, 2005, 04:42:53 PM »
I have found that Lilly does not take kindly to meeting new dogs, she seems to get very anxious..... she had her first ringcraft class last week, where everyone thought she was gorgeous  :D , but she would not be quiet for ages  :blink:  by the time it finished she had quietened down a lot, the only time she started was if another dog came into her space, will this improve as time goes on? We have our next class tomorrow night, I'm hoping she will be a bit better?   :unsure:
Hugs n stuff

Sheri  XxX
Lilly, Murphy & Sally xxx

Offline PennyB

Lilly's Barking
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 11:03:19 AM »
Things like this may need to be worked on as well. Could it be that a dog isn't just coming into her space but your space.

I have a friend and her dog does this but then she gets scared about certain dogs who come near so Charlie is picking up on this. She's working on it by letting other people take her dog for a walk away from her (she will often give her dog too much attention at home and while out and is trying to wean her dog off her for his own good; when she was quite ill recently it was difficult for anyone to walk her dog as he wouldn't go out with them and then playing up in house as he wasn't getting enough exercise) and he's fine when dogs come up to them. For her this is working but it may not be the reason or possibly solution for you as all dogs and combination of situations is different.

I would talk to a trainer and may be do a 1-2-1 with them (and stooge dog!) and try to sort this out as it could escalate into something worse (which was what was worrying my friend as he no longer began barking as a warning but then began going for other dogs). There again some dogs do go through phases
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!