Author Topic: Oh my god  (Read 2047 times)

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: Oh my god
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 03:21:19 PM »
Absolutely agree with Jane.  I had a dog that used to react very differently to ex (note ex  :005:) partner depending on whether he had a drink in him or not.

Same here. Dogs immediately know when someone is drunk or on drugs. In my very young days I had a dog who would have nothing to do with me if I were drinking or stoned  ph34r :embarassed: Had another who was very uncomfortable and on guard around drunks or stoned people. Multiply that by 8 all at once, and if they were carrying/supporting/dragging your OH and I can certainly understand her being terrified. :'(

Do give her a bath, or at least wash her bottom to get the stink of fear away (for both hers and your sake!  :P :005:)

Guess you won't be having any parties at your house then  :005:

The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 07:07:36 PM »
Poor little thing, hope she has got over the shock :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Roslyn McConnell

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 11:48:17 PM »
Oh poor you! It must've been a shock to you to see her so stressed too, but I think u did exactly the right thing and it couldn't have been easy hearding that many drunk people into the kitchen!

I had a friend with a westie who would act like this too, at first we thought he was confused and scared by the different way drunk people sound and move because dogs read our body language they must be completely preplexed by a drunk person but then once she was cooking a dropped a bottle of vodka and he did the same thing. I wonder if it is maybe the smell? He was such a calm wee thing normally and drunk people do have a strong smell  :005:

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 08:41:17 AM »
aww poor poppet.....wouldnt we love to get inside their heads and know what they are thinking.  Just keep everything nice and calm for the next few days and she regain her confidence.....drunken men are norty men >:( ;)

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 09:23:28 PM »
Pleased to say she seems to be back to her normal self. She is such a special little dog, sometimes I look at her sweet little face looking a bit worried and it makes me so upset. Still feeling guilty that I didn't even think about how she'd react  :'( :'(. Although in the blurry drunken memories I think when she first started screaming she had gone behind me so I'm wondering if someone had stood on a paw  :dunno:. We went round my parents tonight and she had big cuddles with my Mum who is probably Millies favourite hooman in the whole world  :luv: :luv:.

Millie

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 09:43:39 PM »
Glad all is back to normal now, and Millie has had some nice cuddles from your mum as well.   :luv: :luv: