Author Topic: Processed Dog Treats.....  (Read 779 times)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Processed Dog Treats.....
« on: January 19, 2005, 09:34:03 PM »
We tend to give Molo 'natural' treats; pigs ears, dried lung, rawhide and bones.

However, a couple of days ago, I gave him a processed treat stick one morning - one of the ones designed to clean the teeth.

I was horrifed by Molo's reaction - he was totally hyper all day; he was nipping, hurtling around, leaping everywhere and reminded me of a toddler on E numbers  :blink:

If anyone is struggling with a hyper puppy - I would recommend cutting out the processed treats...... :(  
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 10:02:44 PM »
Had this problem with Vegas when he was a pup - unfortunately it took me the best part of 6 months to work it out :rolleyes:  :lol:  Never made that mistake again ;)  
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 10:30:22 PM »
Behind you all the way on that one Rachel.

I rarely eat processed foods myself as I know I feel dreadful afterwards so I made the decision not to feed Alfie any either. Like Molo he has bones, fruit and veggies, raw hide, pigs ears etc for his treats. One of the dog walkers in the park always has a pocket full of munchie sticks for the dogs and on the days Alfie gets his share, hes buzzing. Thankfully hes not fussed on them so rarely takes them now :)

Caroline and Alfie

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 10:36:26 PM »
 ;)
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 11:27:03 AM »

I've never noticed any hyper behaviour from Jimmy and Misty after eating Denta Stix, although Jimmy did noticably calm down a bit once I stopped feeding him dried food like Iams and Eukanuba.

My dogs love Denta Stix, but I can't see how they can be of any real benefit to their teeth, they polish them off in about 30 seconds.