Author Topic: Hello from Italy!!!  (Read 2371 times)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Hello from Italy!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 09:40:04 AM »
Hiya Christina, welcome back! Looking forward to seeing some photos :D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 09:49:34 AM »
Hi Christina, hope you settle well in Italy, will you be a lady of leisure for a while?

I sure will be!!! :D Although I had a job interview last Friday. As jobs are hard to come by around in here I can't really say no if I get it, but I'm crossing my fingers and toes that I don't. It'll only be a part time temporary position though!!
lovely to see you back :banana: now where are some pictures missus? :bigarmhug:

:005: :005: I'm in Tuscany where they have peak and off peak periods for alot of the utilites, electricity being one of them. Photobucket is running extra slow out here!! :005: Pics are nearly uploaded!!

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 10:13:32 AM »
Welcome back  :D  Looking forward to more pics of Harvey and the gorgeous flea  :luv: Hope you're enjoying life out there  ;)
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 12:13:14 PM »
Welcome back!  Looking forward to all the piccies  :D
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline dogsgalore

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 12:20:18 PM »
Hi and welcome back!

Looking forward to hearing lots of Italian tales and seeing lovely Harvey and Flea's antics in their new life.  How Flea has grown! x
Kath, Skye plus Jock and Millie

[img]

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 12:39:35 PM »
Lovely to see you back  :D Cant wait to hear all about your new adventure and lots of Harvey pics  :luv:

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 12:44:50 PM »
Great to see you back!! Are you settling in well?

Cant wait to see photos :D
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 02:17:30 PM »
We're settling in great thanks.  :luv: :luv: We've been here for a month now- the time has flown by quickly already. I'm ploughing through learning Italian.  :shades:

Harvey suffered really badly with seperation anxiety intially. I tihnk everything was very unsettled for him since October as he was going back and forth from Macclesfiled to Wales, and there were long periods where we didn't see him. It's taken about 3 weeks, but he's back to the Harvey we all know and love.  :luv:

I think Flea adapts to any situation. He's used to travelling quite a bit from Macclesfield to Walses when we go away (my OH who didn't want a cat to begin with now refuses to put him in a cattery and I think he worries all day when he's at work when Flea's out and about in the garden  :005: :005:). We had to do the whole journey by car due to the pets so that was the hardest bit. Flea, bless him, was in the boot in a crate with his bed and litter tray. He held his bowel actions all the way to France then let rip in the Mont Blanc tunnel. I think Dean and I thought we were gouing to die from the fumes.

Harvey is absolutly loving me not working and we've finally been able to tackle his walking on a lead without pulling my arm out of it's socket problem. I finally have a dog who walks consistently to heel!! :dance04:

Offline LinzB

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 08:29:54 PM »
How strange, I was just talking about you yesterday; went to Formby with Mills and OH, and as we were walking back, I said to him, 'do you remember Christina who you met here, with the golden worker Harvey, well she's moved to Italy the lucky b*****!' And up you pop! Welcome back, the photos look great! (am going to talk about a lottery win next!)  :005:

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 08:49:56 PM »
Sounds fab :D but you travelled to Italy by car? :o  How long did it take?

Alfie's lead walking isnt going great... do you think we should move to Italy too? :005:
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline SimonandMandy

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 09:57:41 PM »
How strange, I was just talking about you yesterday; went to Formby with Mills and OH, and as we were walking back, I said to him, 'do you remember Christina who you met here, with the golden worker Harvey, well she's moved to Italy the lucky b*****!' And up you pop! Welcome back, the photos look great! (am going to talk about a lottery win next!)  :005:

So random as I was just thinking about Christina at the weekend too, popular girl  :D 

Pleased to hear you have settled well, hope you manage to make the horse race this year, love Sienna.  If you haven't  been make sure to get to Volterra too, I very randomly ended up there on some travels and it ended up one my my most memorable places.

Please Harvey and Flea have settled and great news on the walking to heel... 

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 08:49:07 AM »

:005: :005: If that works try for me too!! I'm not after the jackpot but a few hundred thousand would be fab!!!
How are you all?  Are you still looking to get a bro/sister for Millie?

Sounds fab :D but you travelled to Italy by car? :o  How long did it take?

Alfie's lead walking isnt going great... do you think we should move to Italy too? :005:

approximately 23hours. Wel elft aty 3pm from Crawley and arrived at the new house at 3pm the next day. Would have been even longer if we'd travelled from Macclesfield :fear2:
We slept in a car park in the Alpes. Cold would not come close!! Flea and Harvey owe us big time- I didn't have the heart to put them on a plane!

So random as I was just thinking about Christina at the weekend too, popular girl  :D 

Pleased to hear you have settled well, hope you manage to make the horse race this year, love Sienna.  If you haven't  been make sure to get to Volterra too, I very randomly ended up there on some travels and it ended up one my my most memorable places.

Please Harvey and Flea have settled and great news on the walking to heel... 

Hiya!!!! I was wondering if you were going to come back to the UK after your jetsetting honeymoon!!! I don't think I've really spoken to you both since then! How are you all? Is Harvey still doing Flyball?
Dean's work are organising for us to go to the Palio this year!!! Can't wait!!! I tihk the history behind is goes back years and years and each region is part of a contrada who you support. Ours is Bruco!! The caterpillar! It could be worse- we could be chiociolla (the snail)! ;)

I will definitly be visiting Volterra as it's not too far from here! Is that where one of the Twilights were filmed?

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 09:01:33 AM »
Hi Christina..............we will miss you on the COL meet ups, I will miss your lovely pics and you wont get to meet little Holly  :'(

I am so jealous .......I would love to live in Tuscany  :luv: :luv:   love to Harvey from Bramble & Beri
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 09:05:12 AM »
I'm gutted that we didn't get to see Holly before we went. I briefly saw a few threads about her before we left. She is a beauty and I'm glad the boys let her join their gang!!  :luv: :luv:

Offline LinzB

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 10:32:47 PM »
We're great thanks, I'd still love another cocker, but OH says no still  :'( Mind you, we probably should get the wedding out of the way, 3.5 months to go, eek!
Italy sounds fab, hope you are all settling in well, if you ever get bored of the sunshine, (as if!) please post some back to Cheshire! Will defo remember you if we win the lottery! x