Author Topic: Jess  (Read 666 times)

Offline mick

• Site Member
Jess
« on: January 30, 2005, 07:53:11 PM »
I am getting worried about our Jess as he seems to be panting quite heavily just recently.

He is just as active as ever and is always ready for his walk and a game but he is really panting as I write this. The house is not that hot no more than normal.

He was diognosed with a heart murmer about a year ago (he was coming up to six then) but last time we took him to the vet she told us it seemed to have cleared up but now with this heavy panting it making me worry that it may be more serious than I thought.

I cannot think what we are doing any different except he seems to have put a bit of weight on but he could stand that as he was always on the thin side cause he always has been a faddy eater.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Best regards
Mick

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Jess
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 08:09:07 PM »
While heavy panting could mean heart problems, it could also mean she just has a tempeture.

My last boy died of a heart tumour and about the only outward sympton in the early days was his panting so when Alfie started to pant two weeks ago I was off to the vets like a shot. Thankfully he was just running a tempeture of unknown origin and a course of antibiotics had him right as rain :)

Do take her to the vets even if its just to ease your worries, I doubt its anything sinister
Caroline and Alfie

Offline flora

• Site Member
Jess
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 08:49:28 PM »
has he had his thyriod checked flora started with panting but that was due to wieght gain becauase her thyriod was not workng properly might be worth a check hope this is of some help do let us know how you get on  good luck