Author Topic: Golden Cocker bitch believed stolen - York YO10  (Read 4741 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Golden Cocker bitch believed stolen - York YO10
« on: July 13, 2011, 04:06:00 PM »
http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=31041

She was taken from her owner's garden and was later seen with a man on a bike on a cycle track near Naburn village.

Offline Henshallboys

Re: Golden Cocker bitch believed stolen - York YO10
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 10:00:21 PM »

We live a couple of miles from Maisy's home and we walk our three on the same track....our vet alerted us to the fact that they think Maisy has been stolen.  It is very worrying if she was taken from the garden, Naburn village where she lives is quite small and you never know if the man had been watching people walk on the track.  According to our vet it would have been out of character for Maisy to run away.  There are posters all along the track.
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 09:05:48 PM »
I'll keep my eye out too

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline maddiesmum

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 09:19:31 PM »
Maisy has been spotted around the Rowntree Park/riverbank area, also near the racecourse with an older couple who may have inadvertently bought her from the low life who  >:D stole her, and then sold her on.......  i met with her distressed family yesterday whilst out walking Maddie. I hope to goodness she goes back to her real family who are obviously missing her very much. Eyes peeled in the York area!

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 10:11:11 PM »
I hope Maisy is back home very soon.  I feel so sorry for her family.

Offline Emma. A

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 08:58:22 AM »
Thank you for the messages put on this forum. Just to keep you updated: The man who took Maisy was a homeless man who was living rough in static caravan on cycle track. The people at Naburn Station moved him on the day he took Maisy. This man is known to police and we are still trying to find him. We believe he may have sold Maisy to a couple living in the Knavesmire, South Bank, Bishopthorpe area of York. Therefore we would really appreciate it, if you (or know anyone) walk in this area to keep a look out for her. Maisy is a golden working cocker spaniel, she has a scar on her stomach. Maisy is a very affectionate dog and almost always rolls onto her back for a tummy rub. Maisy is microchipped so we hope the new owners will eventually take her to a vets. Our kids are devastated (as are we) and any help anyone can give us would be great. We are out every day looking for her in this area but the weather means there are not alot of dog walkers at the moment. Obviously if this man has figured out that stealing a dog is a quick way to fund his habit it would be wise to tell friends, neighbours etc to be vigilent.  Thanks again.

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 09:11:38 AM »
Hello Emma
I'm truly sorry your wee Maisy is missing.
We are in Leeds but I will notify as many
folk as I can.
Keep strong.
steffxxx

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 03:19:04 PM »
Thank you for the messages put on this forum. Just to keep you updated: The man who took Maisy was a homeless man who was living rough in static caravan on cycle track. The people at Naburn Station moved him on the day he took Maisy. This man is known to police and we are still trying to find him. We believe he may have sold Maisy to a couple living in the Knavesmire, South Bank, Bishopthorpe area of York. Therefore we would really appreciate it, if you (or know anyone) walk in this area to keep a look out for her. Maisy is a golden working cocker spaniel, she has a scar on her stomach. Maisy is a very affectionate dog and almost always rolls onto her back for a tummy rub. Maisy is microchipped so we hope the new owners will eventually take her to a vets. Our kids are devastated (as are we) and any help anyone can give us would be great. We are out every day looking for her in this area but the weather means there are not alot of dog walkers at the moment. Obviously if this man has figured out that stealing a dog is a quick way to fund his habit it would be wise to tell friends, neighbours etc to be vigilent.  Thanks again.

I'm a trainer in york so will keep my eyes open for you.

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 01:26:42 PM »

Emma, we are constantly looking for her when we take our three out......we live just up from you in Deighton. We walk them on the Knavesmire regularly as well and not a lot gets past my husband  :luv:
I work in the Barracks in Fulford and I have put a poster up as well.  If we can help in any way please send me a pm

Carole & Alan  :luv:

Offline Emma. A

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 04:28:07 PM »
Thanks for all your replies. It helps alot to know that so many people are looking out for her. Unfortunately, we have had no recent sightings of her. Our next step is to leaflet drop every house in that area and hope that brings us something. We have been told that a couple of dogs have recently gone missing in the Hob Moor area of York and that is another part of town that we were told (Liam, the man who took Maisy) likes to sleep rough so it seems likely that he might be responsible. Will let you all know if we have any news. Thanks Again.

Offline janandted

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 04:43:35 PM »
Thanks for all your replies. It helps alot to know that so many people are looking out for her. Unfortunately, we have had no recent sightings of her. Our next step is to leaflet drop every house in that area and hope that brings us something. We have been told that a couple of dogs have recently gone missing in the Hob Moor area of York and that is another part of town that we were told (Liam, the man who took Maisy) likes to sleep rough so it seems likely that he might be responsible. Will let you all know if we have any news. Thanks Again.
So sorry you haven't yet been reunited with Maisy :'(  I have a niece in Fulford, they have a Lab and a Springer so i will ask her to be vigilant  :police:, also to keep her eyes peeled for Maisy  :luv: I do hope she is found soon. :dunno:

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 02:34:52 PM »
Any new info on Maisy ?

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 08:45:54 PM »
She's still showing as missing on DogLost :'(

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 08:58:33 PM »
I stopped some guy on the street whilst i was driving my van to a job around the south bank area of York the other week, the guy was ever so understanding said it was not the first time someone had asked him about the missing girl.
twas not the missing bitch :(((

Offline Emma. A

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 03:49:54 PM »
Maisy is still missing.  We haven't given up hope but we feel that perhaps she isn't in the South Bank area afterall and that the couple seen/spoken to in Rowntrees Park were just visiting the area. The police have said that the man who took Maisy went to Newcastle not long after he took her and he doesn't have a dog with him. Therefore he almost certainly sold her before he left (possibly for his train ticket). Thanks everyone and please keep looking for her.