Author Topic: Toilet training  (Read 345 times)

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
Toilet training
« on: November 04, 2011, 09:27:26 AM »
Tali has always been slow at this. Thus far at the new house he had one small thankfully solid poo on the upstairs carpet. Cleaned up and for weeks nothing. All his toiling has been in the garden. Yesterday when I arrived it was throwing it down like a good 'un so I ran in withTali and all the bags and decided to wait 5 mins before taking him out. He settled in his bed then started playing with his bone. This led him to run into the lounge. He came hurtling back in such a way that I thought something was up.

Low and behold he had done a thankfully solid poo. I cleared that up and had to shut the gate encased he ran down the drive.

Now here is the issue. The front door slammed shut as my mind realised I had left the keys on the kitchen table. Now I was stuck outside in the rain.

An hour and a half later OH comes home from work to find me locked outside. Tali hadn't made a sound but we found a small wee in the hall upstairs. I had nothing to clear it up with but water.

My questions:
1) Will it be too late to go over and use bio washing powder on the stain tomorrow?
2) Is this marking?
3) Should I re-toilet train at the new house?

I don't want him doing what he does here and use the excuse of me taking or fetching mum from downstairs to wee and poo, which I cannot seem to knock. Adorable though he is, he's a hard work boy. >:D
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: Toilet training
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 09:56:32 AM »

I would go back to basics - it's a new environment and he likely hasn't figured out what the rules are in this place... so regular toilet outings and lots of praise when he gets it right!

I doubt the puddle was anything more than needing to go, not being sure what the procedure is in the new house, and not having you there to show him... and I'm sure it's not too late for the washing powder!  :D
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
Re: Toilet training
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 10:17:01 AM »
Thanks for the reassurance Karma.  :D

The strange thing is is that he didn't make a sound whilst on his own. Yet here he goes totally bananas.

He obviously associates this place with the lift and postie and not at that place.
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!