Author Topic: What to do??  (Read 834 times)

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
What to do??
« on: November 09, 2011, 11:20:39 PM »
Sorry if this is long winded......
Roxy has a cuddly (Jeffrey the duck!) that we gave her as a tiny puppy as a sleeping companion to help her settle, she has started to carry him around the house and bury him, in her bed or under a cushion/blanket, a couple of times if she can't find any where to bury him she starts to whine or whittle until she can find a suitable place. I have a friend with an older dog who is a different breed and she does this when she is having a phantom pregnancy, Roxy is only 5 months so I don't think it's a phantom pregnancy, she some time tries to take him outside to bury him (mmm lovely in this wet weather) so I stop her and take him off of her, she doesn't show any signs of aggression when I do this. I'm starting worry about this behaviour, should I take him away before it turns into something serious??

Offline c19unn

• Donator
Re: What to do??
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 11:35:52 PM »
Diesel (7 months) has a little teddy that he has had since i got him (his baby) and takes it everywhere with him - out for a pee, in his bed and just carries it around - he will also stash the teddy behind cushions and curtains and down side of couch and hide it in a burried hole in the garden.
I personally have never thought of it being an issue  :huh: i just assumed it was like a comfort blankett to him and wouldnt take it away from him - will be interested to see what everyone thinks ...
May be different with your little one being a female but
My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11

Offline Sarah1985

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 06:27:20 AM »
My boy dog did it as a pup. It was never a problem for him and He grew out of it

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 06:44:25 AM »
Thanks, I was just get worried because when she can't get somewhere to hide him she started to whine and I was worried if it was the start of something and decided the best place to ask was here  :D

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 12:58:40 PM »
We've had that sometimes with Jarvis - I simply take the toy and put it out of sight - he soon forgets about it  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 05:38:48 PM »
Teva sometimes does this too, I do exactly the same as Helen ;)

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 06:14:41 PM »
We've had that sometimes with Jarvis - I simply take the toy and put it out of sight - he soon forgets about it  ;)

Yes Millie has started getting like this with one of Charlies toys

Millie

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 07:05:52 PM »
Thank you for your replies, I think Jeffrey can stay but it's maybe something I monitor. I knew I'd get reassurance here  :D

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 07:11:21 PM »
Our dog pepi used to do this years ago,especially the whining and not being able to settle with her toy,it eventually developed into a phantom pregnancy  :'(

She even used to put the toy against her belly when she lay down.
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 09:48:56 PM »
Dexter has a pink fluffy soft toy dog, a large do do type toy, an orange teddy and a bright red dangermouse type. HE HAS TO CARRY THEM ALL OUTSIDE TO GO TO THE TOILET AND GETS QUITE FRANTIC if he can't fit them all in his mouth. They have to go in a certain order otherwise he can't get them all in! :005:

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 10:09:28 PM »
Dexter has a pink fluffy soft toy dog, a large do do type toy, an orange teddy and a bright red dangermouse type. HE HAS TO CARRY THEM ALL OUTSIDE TO GO TO THE TOILET AND GETS QUITE FRANTIC if he can't fit them all in his mouth. They have to go in a certain order otherwise he can't get them all in! :005:

:rofl1:.....need a photo Eve, definitely.....please!

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 12:58:56 AM »

definitely need a picture, bless him  :rofl1: