Author Topic: T Touch Harness vs Mekuti  (Read 11376 times)

Offline max2011

Re: T Touch Harness vs Mekuti
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 04:00:54 PM »
I have failed and given up with this harness  :embarassed:
Yes it kept him to the side of me but I got massive shoulder ache in my left shoulder.  My husband didn't like it either. He felt that we were treading on Max's paws or pulling him into us. I think the lead was just to short for us. I am disappointed as am sure with the right training it works.

I am going back to basics and going to try with just a collar and lead again as I think he pulls more with a harness. I guess the problem I have is that I don't mind him walking infront as long as he doesn't pull where as the no pull harnesses are designed to keep them next to you.

Offline tritonx

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 08:28:27 PM »
One last suggestion. I use the Easy Walk harness that has a front clip. http://www.petexpertise.com/dog-collars-dog-harnesses/no-pull-dog-harnesses/easy-walk-no-pull-harness.html?sef_rewrite=1  No pulling from Fraser after it went on. I'm pretty happy with it. It's a bit of a nuisance from time to time if he steps over the leash, but that can be avoided if you keep the leash up. Works pretty well. I use an extensible leash as I want him to have some freedom to sniff around etc. as all our public area require dogs to be on leash, but he will also walk quietly by my side if I want him too. Certainly eliminates the worrying choking of a collar if a dog suddenly takes off at the sight of something irresistible. It happened a few times before I got the harness and I was really scared the collar would do damage to his neck or vocal cords.

Offline max2011

Re: T Touch Harness vs Mekuti - UPDATE
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 03:15:10 PM »
Following a recommendation at dog training I have bought the K9bridle. Max doesn't really like it - tries to rub it off when we start off but it works. He can sniff, walk in front when I want him to all with a loose lead. When it goes taught a slight tug is enough for him to remember not to pull and when I want him to walk to heel he does it without me stepping on him.

Only early days yet but I think this will be the one that works for us and hopefully Max will get used to it soon. Only negative is I don't like it on him :016:

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 07:43:13 PM »
I have the T.Touch harness for Ella, but only use it if we are on our own as it is almost impossible to walk three dogs together with one of these on.
after being shown how to use it properly at a workshop, and then trying it at our training nights, it does work, but it is getting your head around NOT pulling back on the lead, Although I do use the halti double ended lead with it.

if your shoulder is hurting then you are walking with a stoop towards the dog, you have to walk upright and not look or twist down and towards them, as before, training the owner is what takes the time!
I have this trouble! :D
hope this helps a little!