Author Topic: Is this a cocker thing?  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Is this a cocker thing?
« on: May 25, 2012, 08:30:39 AM »
 :005:
Riley is only 14 weeks, Ive had a dog before but he wasnt a cocker so not sure if this is a cocker trait or not.
He can be alseep anywhere in the room where we are, I get up go to the kitchen say, and Riley wakes up walks through to where I am, and lies down falls back asleep, I then exit the room as little as 30 secs later and up he gets and comes back to where I am and falls alseep by my feet  :005:

Do they seem to always want to fall asleep on feet  ?
Now my cosy ugg slippers have been banished away till the winter, he doesnt seem so keen on my flip flops for his head so he rests beside them instead of ON them  :005:

Offline cangrejo

• Charlie & Dexter, my beautiful boys xx
Re: Is this a cocker thing?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 08:47:19 AM »
Ah yes, they do seem to like being close to us.  Which is why many of us refer to them as Velcro dogs  ;)
Rosie, Charlie & Dexter xxx
Charlie 31/12/09
Dexter 17/06/11

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 09:01:00 AM »
Yes!  You'll never be allowed anywhere alone - not even the toilet  :005:
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 09:29:00 AM »
Hehe its cute isnt it  :005: so nosey too arent they :luv:

Offline Pauline T

• Charlie Boy
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 09:42:22 AM »
Ah yes, they do seem to like being close to us.  Which is why many of us refer to them as Velcro dogs  ;)

Me and my shadow, we say in our house.  :005: They just dont want to miss out on anything we are doing!!
Pauline & Charlie xx
A dog can say more with a quick wag of his tail than many people who talk for hours. - Louis Armstrong

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 09:43:41 AM »
From being 8 weeks old, Odie slept on my slippers and continues to do so at over 2.5 yrs old :luv:  He still follows me everywhere too - I've one mammy obsessed hound :lol2:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline cangrejo

• Charlie & Dexter, my beautiful boys xx
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 09:47:03 AM »

Me and my shadow, we say in our house.  :005: They just dont want to miss out on anything we are doing!!
:005: mine are referred to as my entourage  :shades:
Rosie, Charlie & Dexter xxx
Charlie 31/12/09
Dexter 17/06/11

Offline Nicky

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 09:54:11 AM »
Defiantly a Cocker trait!  :D
They like to follow you everywhere!

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 10:44:05 AM »
Charlie follows me everywhere. He's also jealous if I get attention. He's certainly glued to me all the tine!
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 12:28:34 PM »
Aww its so cute isnt it.  :005: I feel awful if I go into another room for 10 seconds and little mite follows me then follows me straight back again  :005:

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 12:32:39 PM »
Aww its so cute isnt it.  :005: I feel awful if I go into another room for 10 seconds and little mite follows me then follows me straight back again  :005:

Me too, especially if he's tired and I know he's tired but he'll follow me anyway...and if I leave him and he doesn't wake up...there is hell on when he wakes up and then comes to find me lol (well lots of tail wagging and kissies)!

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 12:40:50 PM »
Its one of the things I love about cockers  :luv: :luv: :luv: Poppy follows me literally everywhere but Bella waits outside the bathroom  :005:

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 12:45:03 PM »

Me too, especially if he's tired and I know he's tired but he'll follow me anyway...and if I leave him and he doesn't wake up...there is hell on when he wakes up and then comes to find me lol (well lots of tail wagging and kissies)!

It really makes us feel so wanted and loved lol

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »
Its one of the things I love about cockers  :luv: :luv: :luv: Poppy follows me literally everywhere but Bella waits outside the bathroom  :005:

My showers are always supervised. My toilet vists are about 50% of the time...he always used to accompany me and jump up for attention...now he's content to sit outside the door (if it's ajar) - if its going to be closed he has to be in with me lol. TBH I'd almost forgotten what it was like to be unacompanied when going to the toilethahah   :005:

Offline sarahm2008

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 01:08:34 PM »
aaaaah thats so cute!! Im new to all this as im eagerly awaiting the arrival of our little bundle on 5th july (im going on holiday first which you would think I should be looking forward to but want to get it out the way!!) sorry to but in, but if they like to follow do you all let them upstairs too?