Author Topic: best dry food  (Read 3126 times)

Offline Victoir Basu

best dry food
« on: September 20, 2012, 09:51:37 PM »
The last 7 months we have been feeding kipling Hills Natures Best but now he seems to have gone off this and leaves his food.
He is only 9 months so still a pup, any recommendations on another good dry food?

Offline panda66

• Donator
Re: best dry food
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 10:08:17 PM »
Hi , my pup is nineteen weeks and I have tried BH, Orijen and Autarky but have settled on Applaws as it is the only one she will eat on its own. Only trouble is you don't feed much as it is high in protein  and I think she may be hungry ,or is just greedy, but she looks great. :005:

Offline sarahm2008

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 08:22:46 PM »
I feed sandon arden grange, so far (touch wood) we have never had any problems and he is thriving but he is a greedy little thing so would probably eat anything!!

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 08:10:59 AM »
I feed sandon arden grange, so far (touch wood) we have never had any problems and he is thriving but he is a greedy little thing so would probably eat anything!!

Riley too would eat anything for sure.
He loves James Wellbeloved and it works well for him.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 08:12:26 AM »
Good ones that are easily available are James Wellbeloved, Arden Grange and Burns.  I have heard good things about Barking Heads too   ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 08:38:52 AM »
APPLAWS works great for my 2.

Offline alfsmeister

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 08:42:11 AM »
We have used James Welbeloved since Alfie was a pup. it works well for him.

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 08:56:26 AM »
Henry's on Barking Heads and seems to love it. Looks pretty healthy and wolfs the food down very quickly (he would probably eat anything). I use it for training/bribes too - I like the flat shape, so you can hold a piece in your fingertips and he can nibble at it (very useful while you're drying his feet!).
Everyone has their differing opinions about the content and what's good for your dogs, and each dog seems to thrive on different foods.
Good luck in your search for something new.

Offline maddy74

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 12:38:15 PM »
Another fan of Barking Heads here too. We tried Willow on several different kibble as a pup as she had sloppy poops and this is the best for her in terms of no wind,nice firm poops and she loves it and has a nice shiny coat  ;)

Offline lottiescat

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 02:06:34 PM »
Hi ,Holly has been on Royal Canin junior since we got her and is now 11 months old , I shall move her onto Arden Grange soon although I always have the slow cooker on the go with turkey legs , veg etc to make a gravy!!! I have 4 dogs and they all have a different menu...... it drives OH mad !!!!

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 03:51:49 PM »
Arden Grange for my two.....Erin was originally on JWB when we first got her but always had sloppy poo's....she has also been on Royal Canine..Hills Science Plan in an attempt to help her sensitive tummy. Put her on Arden Grange when we got Tilly as thats what she was on from breeder. Tilly still on the puppy one but will go onto adult later this month when she turns 1. Erin is on the light version as she was a little overwieght and she has came on great...lost some weight and no problems with her tummy.

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline spaniels01

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 02:57:26 PM »
I've fed Leo with Arden Grange lamb&rice,also with Arden G. chicken&rice. Liked both :) We're a lil bit now on Brit, but in november agaaain Arden :)

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 03:38:43 PM »

Our eight month old pup has been fed JWB since leaving her mother and seems to have thrived on it. However there are occasions now where I still give her the same measure of JWB but add a little something to it.
It's probably just me looking from a human prospective but those tablets of food look so boring and if I were to be given that same food every day >:( well I just wouldn't be a nice Cocker >:D

Mel

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 05:59:59 PM »
Gracie is on ProPlan.  She was on it with the breeder, so we didn't change her.  She seems to enjoy it.   :luv:
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline lollie

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 09:47:43 PM »
Toby is on Eukenuba, but you seem to have to feed to much, plus he has the occasional runny poo, once a day, so I am changing, well, trying James Wellbeloved.