Author Topic: Having a bad time with Luis.  (Read 697 times)

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
Having a bad time with Luis.
« on: September 24, 2012, 12:16:04 PM »
Luis was great on walks.  He would always run ahead, but then would look back to make sure we were still in sight.

Ollie....is very good, and although he plays and runs....always comes back to heel.

We don't know what has happened, but Luis is suddenly a nightmare.  We have tried all sorts of things, including going back to basics of extended lead.  I really fear we are going to lose him, but also don't want to take away his freedom to run.

Freya died in May....and he was very close to her.  Could this new behaviour have anything to do with pack order now?
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
Re: Having a bad time with Luis.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 01:31:09 PM »
Maureen does Mia come on the walks? Just wondered, if she does maybe leave her at home until things settle.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Lily Freya

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 01:40:17 PM »
Maureen does Mia come on the walks? Just wondered, if she does maybe leave her at home until things settle.

Do you mean the new puppy Gracie?

No...she doesn't come on the same walk, as we want to do shorter routes with her, and also her training.

Please keep suggesting things though.....pretty desperate. Xx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 01:55:20 PM »
Sorry Maureen, Miais the new puppy that lives next door to me.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 02:05:59 PM »

No...she doesn't come on the same walk, as we want to do shorter routes with her, and also her training.

I think that Gracies arrival may be the cause of the 'testing the boundries' behaviour, even though she doesn't come on walks with you. It has happened here each time a 'new one' has arrived  :005:
Lillie (age 6) definitely being the naughtiest  :005: Back to basics seems to be the way to go and,........time  :shades: :005:

Offline Lily Freya

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 02:14:51 PM »

I think that Gracies arrival may be the cause of the 'testing the boundries' behaviour, even though she doesn't come on walks with you. It has happened here each time a 'new one' has arrived  :005:
Lillie (age 6) definitely being the naughtiest  :005: Back to basics seems to be the way to go and,........time  :shades: :005:

I was thinking you might say that.  Another friend suggested this too.

Thank you so much.

Back to basics it is then.   Xxx

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 02:59:32 PM »
I also think the same as Caz (Bluebell) Maureen  :shades:
Year ago when we first introduced Jo Jo to Alfie, he became a bit of a nightmare out on walks  :'(  Often disappearing for several mins & it wasn't until Jo Jo started to mature that he stopped his disappearing acts  :shades: ;)
Is there anyway you could spend some individual time with Luis?  :-\  perhaps some of it training but also some fun game's away from the home?  :-\
We don't always realise how much difference it make's to our dog's introducing another  :'( 
Georgia has been our biggest challenge (to date)  :o :'(  I think after 2 yrs. we are almost through one of the most stressful times of all our life's  ph34r :013: :D :D :D

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Lily Freya

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 03:18:06 PM »
I also think the same as Caz (Bluebell :005:) Maureen  :shades:
Year ago when we first introduced Jo Jo to Alfie, he became a bit of a nightmare out on walks  :'(  Often disappearing for several mins & it wasn't until Jo Jo started to mature that he stopped his disappearing acts  :shades: ;)
Is there anyway you could spend some individual time with Luis?  :-\  perhaps some of it training but also some fun game's away from the home?  :-\
We don't always realise how much difference it make's to our dog's introducing another  :'( 
Georgia has been our biggest challenge (to date)  :o :'(  I think after 2 yrs. we are almost through one of the most stressful times of all our life's  ph34r :013: :D :D :D

I'll give anything a go.  Luis has as much right to his share of the attention....he's a lovely boy (though testing the limits at the moment).
Roger says he's going to walk separately, and go back to training.
Fingers crossed, and thank you so much for your input.  I rely so much on the expertise here. Xx