Author Topic: Radio 2 this morning - moving furniture affecting behaviour  (Read 616 times)

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
Radio 2 this morning - moving furniture affecting behaviour
« on: October 18, 2012, 10:22:53 AM »
Did anyone hear this discussion this morning about changes in dog's behaviour due to moving furniture etc?

I only caught the end of it but basically sometimes when we are having problems it could be down to changes we have made in the house without realising  :o

I found this really interesting as I had recently worked this out myself with Lottie and her change in sleeping habits and temperament.

She had taken to sleeping downstairs when they have always had their beds either side of mine. She was also guarding shoes more and was not as loving towards us (except her idol my OH who works away on his trips home  :luv:) Then she started to sleep right next to the back door  :huh:

It was really bothering me as I was worrying that getting Lola was to blame although she seemed to tolerate her fairly well and greets her if she has been out without her  :-\

Then it dawned on me that a few months before I had bought a King Size bed and changed the room so it was on a different wall which meant Lottie had to walk past Lola's bed to get to hers. ( She had done so for a few weeks no problem)

So I changed the room back to how it had been before, figuring it was worth trying  :dunno: and straight away she went straight back to sleeping in her bed no problems  :banana:

Her behaviour did improve as well and I have got my Lottie back which is such a relief, I was starting to worry I had upset the apple cart getting Lola  :016:

Has anyone else ever come across this ?  :huh: :huh:
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011

Offline aliceandlouis

Re: Radio 2 this morning
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 11:20:32 AM »
I caught the tail-end of the discussion as well and thought how interesting it was and regretted not having been able to listen to the whole thing  :D

It is fascinating to hear your experience of how moving things around 'upset' Lottie  - and really pleased you were able to sort things out.

I might just investigate to see if I can listen to the whole thing on the radio equivalent of i-player  :D

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 12:18:36 PM »
I caught the tail-end of the discussion as well and thought how interesting it was and regretted not having been able to listen to the whole thing  :D

It is fascinating to hear your experience of how moving things around 'upset' Lottie  - and really pleased you were able to sort things out.

I might just investigate to see if I can listen to the whole thing on the radio equivalent of i-player  :D

Thats a good idea will have to get DD onto it tonight for me, would love to hear the whole discussion  :D
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011

sarahR

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 12:48:17 PM »
Whose show was it on this morning and approx what time please as I would like to listen to it to? Thanks

Offline aliceandlouis

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 12:50:04 PM »
Chris Evans, somewhere around 0835-0845 - HTH  :D

Offline Mrs Pepper

• Pepper
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 01:17:02 PM »
Here's a link to the listen again. Show started at 6.30am so need to go forward about 2 hours.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01n9zfc

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 01:52:22 PM »
Here's a link to the listen again. Show started at 6.30am so need to go forward about 2 hours.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01n9zfc

Thanks for that, will tune in again  :D
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Re: Radio 2 this morning - moving furniture affecting behaviour
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 06:11:26 PM »
Oh no lol, We are getting our ensuite ripped out and renewed next week. Riley goes between our bed, the floor, his bed and the ensuite.