Author Topic: 9 month old Rocky is bored of Royal Canin  (Read 2409 times)

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
Re: 9 month old Rocky is bored of Royal Canin
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 01:41:39 PM »
Charlie has never eaten kibble (he did apparently before I got him). However, numerous trials have been conducted  :005: and the only kibble he'll eat is Applaws. He is raw fed, but loves a bit of applaws once in a while.

Ahh but has Sir Charlie tried Eden..... hehe :005:

Nope, he's had a good few...I keep a bag in just in case; or for supper if he's starving  :005:.

I'd be suprised if Sir fusspot Charlie would eat it though; he's rather set in his ways. (I'm not saying iEden is bad).

Barking heads do a one called fusspot and EVEN the fussiest of eater will eat it (not Sir Charlie), but lots of people seem to use that too.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 01:52:03 PM »
Charlie has never eaten kibble (he did apparently before I got him). However, numerous trials have been conducted  :005: and the only kibble he'll eat is Applaws. He is raw fed, but loves a bit of applaws once in a while.

Ahh but has Sir Charlie tried Eden..... hehe :005:

Nope, he's had a good few...I keep a bag in just in case; or for supper if he's starving  :005:.

I'd be suprised if Sir fusspot Charlie would eat it though; he's rather set in his ways. (I'm not saying iEden is bad).

Barking heads do a one called fusspot and EVEN the fussiest of eater will eat it (not Sir Charlie), but lots of people seem to use that too.

I will bring one piece of eden next time I see you and I bet charlie will snap my hand off for it  :005:

My friends westie is the most UNfood motivated dog ever. I gave him a few pieces of eden when I was giving riley a couple and he was very very enthusiastic, in a westie sort of way  :blink:

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 02:15:51 PM »
I agree about trying something else. Not another kibble but either raw or a good quality wet food. Some dogs just don't like kibble. Archie is one of them (although he too will eat Applaws and we use it as training treats) We try all sorts of different things to make it appealing to them but in the end if they don't like it then why keep trying? I gave up and Archie is now wet fed. (Wainwrights) He loves it and it is great quality and a great price. I was dubious at first - largely because my vet was unbelievably negative - but the more I think about it the more I think that kibble is just so far removed from a natural diet. I'm not saying there aren't good ones out there or that many dogs don't thrive on it - they do. I'm just saying that if you have a dog who doesn't like it then there are really excellent alternatives. I don't think I will ever go back to kibble, even if I have an unfussy eater in the future.

Interestingly, even in this heat Archie has never shown signs of going off his food. I am keeping it in the fridge and so it's nice and cooling. Plus it's wet so it helps keep his moisture levels up!

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 02:30:26 PM »
 Charlie was on Wainwrights  too.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline radford09

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 03:10:28 PM »
Moved Alfie on to Applaws puppy food a couple of months ago from Royal Canin Puppy. His now 7 mths
and loves it.

Offline Hannahc7

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 09:35:49 AM »
That whichdogfood website is really helpful! I am feeding Maggie raw but did a lot of research before hand there.

Also even though I was never tempted to feed Royal Canin, I will definitely steer clear now it has come out they have been sponsoring Bear Baiting events...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2380315/Food-giant-Mars-bear-baiting-event-Ukraine-sponsored-pet-food-subsidiary.html?ico=home%5Eheadlines

Offline Lesley M

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 09:49:52 AM »
Bit nervous about going down the raw route but am reading more about it.
Its been a very interesting thread to read though thanks for all your input. That link re Royal Canin is so awful!